Friday, August 26, 2011
Josh Turner Concert
Last night was the Josh Turner concert! Nate's firm has sweet box seats for all events at Melaleuca Field so we got to sit in the posh seating with air conditioning and leather couches. It was pretty sweet!
I'd been fretting for days about what to wear to this concert. Do I deck out in all country swag? After all this IS eastern Idaho. I decided against it and was glad I did. I didn't see many cowboy hats so I probably would have felt dumb. I always stress about what to wear....especially to Nate's work functions. I know I'm dumb like that but hey......it's just the way I am. I found a cute light weight shirt and decided against both jeans and shorts and went with capris because it was HOT when the concert started but it cools off over here a ton at night.
Here is the finished product:
Did you see how CUTE those jean shoes are!! I ♥ them!
The concert was really fun. We watched the Governor and Mrs. Otter go up on stage and welcome everyone to the concert. 2 seconds later they were RIGHT NEXT TO US in the box seats to the left. I took an "undercover" photo.
Apparently there were all sorts of big wigs sitting next to us. Of course I had no idea who they were but I decided to be on my best behavior and act like a mature adult during the concert. No crazy dancing or boot scooting from this girl. ☺
Tom Luna (Idaho Superintendent of Public Instruction) was next to us as well. Now that PE and MUSIC have been cut from my children's education there was nothing I wanted more then to go over there and give him a piece of my mind. Once again though, I maintained mature composure and smiled nicely when he looked over at us.
Nate and I had a fun night. We didn't know a lot of the Josh Turner songs but we did know a few. Any excuse to get out without the kids is a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Love, love, love those shoes darling.
Post a Comment