Monday, August 22, 2011

Lagoon


End of the summer celebration time is in full swing! Friday was the day we had been looking forward to ALL SUMMER LONG. If the boys did their chores, finished their summer reading and obeyed the rules of the house for the summer they would be able to go to LAGOON as their reward at the end of the summer! Lets just say there were some "close call days" when the trip to Lagoon was definitely up in the air. Somehow they pulled it off though. ☺

It just so happens that it was also the 33rd BIRTHDAY of my favorite person in the world as well!
My brother James joined in the fun which made the whole day SO much more enjoyable. Having one child to one adult made things so much less stressful AND we were able to take advantage of the "kid swap" trick so we were able to pretty much all of the big huge sweet rides 2 times in a row! It was SWEET!

Please excuse all of the horrible camera phone pictures. I wasn't about to take my camera on all of those wild and crazy rides!




 We were there from open to almost close! Amusement parks are SO much more enjoyable when no one is in diapers, everyone can ride the majority of the rides and no one is in a stroller. Just sayin. Nate and I both got pretty queasy from the rides though. Guess we're just getting old.

The BEST moment of the entire day was when my brother had to ride on the JET STAR as a single rider becuase Dallin and I were already riding together. You see, on the Jet Star you are REQUIRED to ride with another rider. James had to old an asian teenager with a 12 inch rat tail going all the way down his back. (Rat tail being a very long skinny BRAID on the nape of his neck.) James was holding this guy in between his legs while the hair from the teenager was whipping him in the face. It was absolutely HILARIOUS. I'm sitting here laughing my head off right now thinking about it. I WISH I had a picture of his face. Hahahaha. Classic James moment.

4 comments:

Em and Tom said...

I'm not following that last part. Did you do a typo or something? Glad you had fun. I've never been there, now I'm wondering what was wrong with us for not going!

Starnes fam said...

Alrighty....I explained it a little better now. If you still have questions you can always call me silly girl. Haha.

Let's Rock said...

hahaha I heard about the rat tail man and while reading your blog (james reading over my shoulder) when we got to the end he said, "oh yup there it is." hahaha I wish i could've seen it!

Marie said...

We went to Lagoon last week, and I totally got queasy too! I don't think my stomach went back to the same spot after having 3 kids!