Monday, August 8, 2011

A Boise re-charge.

The spouse had a hearing in Pocatello on Friday and a bike race in Boise on Saturday so we decided the best thing to do if we wanted to see him at all this weekend was jump in the car and come along! Honestly though, I needed it. A Boise friend and family re-charge was so in order.

While Nate was at the courthouse for a couple of hours the boys and I hit up the Pokey Zoo. I ♥ this little zoo!

That evening we met up with Nat, Robby and fam and went swimming. Baby Bryan is growing SO fast. And he is SOOOO cute....I can hardly stand it!

 The next day while Nate was racing in 100 degree temps (no thanks hon☺) we met up with the Koppings at Ivywild pool.


That night we had a few families over to my parent's house for a BBQ. It was SO much fun. I have just really been missing my Boise friends like crazy the past month or so. They just make me laugh and forget about the stresses of life. Great friends are SO good for the soul, especially one's who love you for WHO you are and make you feel better about yourself by just being around them. It's amazing to me.....I don't really miss Boise (the city), I don't miss my house (as much) anymore, I'm adjusting to the colder weather, and I don't miss my husbands job AT ALL, but I really miss the people. My family and friends.




We played games, pigged out, and let the kids play and play until the sun went down. ***Quick side note here...I've decided that I am NEVER TALKING again! Yep you heard me right! So my DEAR husband thought it would be fun to take about a million pictures of me while I was explaining how to play one of the games. If I really look like this or make this many facial expressions while explaining a game I think someone needs to just slap some tape across my face and never let me speak again. SCARY!!!
  

ANYWAY....after that, we put the kids to bed and the adults headed to MERRITT'S COUNTRY CAFE again for some delicious and terrible for you SCONES! YUUUUUUMMMM!


My friend canteen is filled again....for awhile anyway! What a great trip. 3 weeks left until school starts. I bought all of the boy's school supplies and tucked them away...now we don't have to think about it again for at least a couple of weeks! ☺

2 comments:

Em and Tom said...

The pics of you talking are sweet!!!! I think we have the same shirt:) Miss you and wish I was still your Boise Friend:(

Let's Rock said...

oh my yum! that scone looks so good!