Just a couple more posts and I will have made it all the way to my 500th post. That is so absolutely CRAZY! It blows my mind that I started this blog when my Landon was only 3 months old. I've never been a very good journal keeper or scrapbook person. For some reason the blog thing clicked and here we are 3.5 years later! I'm so glad I've stuck with it. For some reason it has never become a burden or "just another thing to do." It makes me happy. Honestly, there are few things that make me as happy as when I look back through the years and see the silly, mundane, and sometimes heartfelt moments that we call LIFE. I love that my children will have something to look back on one day to remember the experiences we shared as they were growing up.
This blog has been an answer to prayer on many occasion. It reminds me that I am blessed, and that what I do each and every day has meaning and purpose. It has been an outlet, a place to vent, a place to share, and a place to cry. It makes me laugh when I read about the crazy things my kids say and do. I will admit it makes me a little sad to see my boys growing up so fast but it helps me remember me to live each and every day to the fullest. I love the quote, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
SO....if you've been along for the Starnes Family blog ride for all these years.......I want you to tell me which (if any) of these 500 posts was your favorite or most memorable?? I'm even talking to those "non-commenters" and stalkers out there! If you don't...I'm setting my blog to private and NO ONE gets an invite. (hehe...such a scary threat!)
12 comments:
Parkerisms are always a favorite here!
I still cant get over your blue man costumes you and Nate wore.
parker and his nail polish episode...a classic!
I too (at the risk of playing favorites) am partial to the Parkerisms. That kid!
Obviously I am partial, but I love em all! I too love going back. BUT, I wouldn't be opposed to going private, but we've had that convo on more than one occassion! Love ya and looking forward to the next 500! YUR!
Nathan
"I am looking forward to becoming a full fledged BLOGGER!!! We'll see how it goes!" This is the last statement from your first blog!!! I would have to say your first because without it you would not have #500! and I love seeing your 'babies' when they were actaully babies!!
Parkerisms and ALL your witty humor! :)
I love the poems you write, they are really touching.
I have loved them all. The funny ones, the happy ones, the sad ones the scary ones, the inspirational ones....they have all been wonderful! I love that I know how you & your family are doing even though I don't get to see you guys that often. Thanks!
I love your blog because you are real and honest and funny... but one post that I think about often is the sad story of your puppy. We constantly talk about getting a dog and every time I am close to saying YES, I think of your post and change my mind.
Have you posted your ECLAIR recipe on your blog? If not, I would like to place a request for one of the next 500 posts.
I can't choose one favorite... I just love your blog period! You are so real and your blog is just fun to read. You are one of my favorite bloggers...does that count?
I can't choose. I love reading everything that you say. I love how open and honest you are with how you are feeling and I always feel like I have a friend close by...even if you are so very far away. I like that you let me laugh and cry with you and that I get to see your family grow up from the little beginnings that our families were when we met. I too support your keeping up for another 5000 posts! I'll promise to try harder with mine!
Post a Comment