Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend

We have had such a GREAT holiday weekend! I've said it before and I will say it again....4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday (next to Christmas). Family, friends, fireworks, food and freedom. It doesn't get much better than that!
This year we went camping and boating with the family over at Lake Owahee. It is seriously the most incredible lake. Hardly any boats, flat and warm water (it was 81 degrees). It's a pretty sweet deal. Shhhhhh...its a secret.
Here was the view from our camp site:

And here is my sweet little boy right after he fell face first into the road and skinned his nose: Still smiling.....

After camping, we hurried home to get ready for the 4th of July BBQ and fireworks display at our house. One perk of driving over to Oregon to go boating is driving right by the "really good" fireworks stand. heehee We had lots of families come over and join us in the fun. Here is my flag made of cupcakes: YUM!


Such a fun weekend.....I'm already counting down until the next 4th! Time to get all geared up to to camping AGAIN this week but this time with the YW. I'm sure I'll be nice and sleep deprived upon my return......

3 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

We had a lot of fun on the 4th! Thanks for having us over. I have to say that the 4th is my least favorite holiday though-all the fireworks scare me way too much! Have fun at girls camp-I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! Your kids are growing and changing so fast, so adorable! Hope you are doing well.

Andrea said...

Look at your cute little patriotic family. Love the cupcakes, you are ambitious. My new address is 2843 W. 2250 N. Clinton, Ut. 84015.