I dropped the film off....came back in an hour and it wasn't done. I went back to pick it up today and when I put the cd only HALF of the pictures were on it. I took it back and had to go BACK yet again to pick it up an hour later. 5 of the pictures ended up being random "in the purse" shots.
I guess the pictures that I did get ARE worth it. Good thing my sweet hubby bought me a new camera today.
ANYWAY........here's what we've been up to the past couple of weeks:
My Dallin boy had his LAST day of kindergarten. He is in year round school so he didn't get out until the end of June. He had a good year and looks forward to being a little more challenged next year. I can't believe that I am going to have a 1st grader. It is going to be hard on all of us when he goes to school for the full day. 

I promised the boys forever ago that on the last day of school we would have a lemonade stand. The boys have been begging me for YEARS to have one. I didn't want to let them down so we got everything together for the big sale. We were inspired by the Harris family and their ability to earn $75 at their sale by making boxes that the kids wore that said, "pick your price." 

Sadly, our stand didn't even come close in profit but we did have a fun time. I think we'll do the stand every year on the last day of school. We'll make it a tradition.
Here's a breakdown of the finances:
Lemonade Stand from Bed Bath and Beyond: on clearance for $7.49
Lemonade: 3 frozen concentrates for $2.07
Ice: $1.29
Cups: $1.00
Special Lemonade Canister with nozzle $5.49
Total spent $17.34
Total Earned: $8.00
Equals out to be $-9.34. Haha! It was fun anyway! My favorite part was when Parker said, "Sheesh Mom, we are going to be rich! Don't worry, I will share some of my money with you."
This past week we went up to Sandy Point with a bunch of friends. We had such a fabulous time letting the kids play in the water and sand. Uncle Jason came along too. He's such a great help with keeping all of the kids entertained. 


Yesterday we went to Roaring Springs with some friends. We didn't get season passes this year but we hope to make it over there a few times during the summer. We played hard all day and went to bed early! 
We're keeping cool and staying busy! Wouldn't want it any other way!
4 comments:
Nate! I just retold the story of our failed rafting date back in 1996/7 to my parents, and we all got a pretty good laugh out of it. Where are you these days? What are you up to? We've got a little blog too (austinsheens.blogspot.com), and I'm on facebook. Happy 4th o' July!
-Logan Sheen
SO funny! I always loved doing lemonade stands as a kid, and when I see one, I try to buy at least one glass. You are such a fun mom!
We will miss you during the Fourth, but we know you'll have a blast! Also, I wanted to invite you and the boys to come to Rexburg next week. Ashley, the kids, Mom, and Suzan are all going to meet here. We are going camping for a few days and hang out here. You are definitely welcome to join the chaos! :) Let me know via text/email/phone!
Love you!
That lemonade stand is awesome! I love Parker's comment--so cute! I think a yearly tradition is an excellent idea.
It is so funny that I have pics of my bday at sandy point when I was like 4 years old. And it is still there going strong. I love that place. I cant wait to take my kids when we get back.
TIM R
Post a Comment