Thursday, February 12, 2009

To my Valentine

This LOVELY picture was from our 2nd official date (our first picture together ever). We went to a dance on the Heber Creeper around Valentines Day in 2000. I'm so skinny I look like I should blow away...and Nate's butt cut hairstyle is HOT!

Dear Mr. Super-Star(nes),

Rather than finding a card that best describes my feelings for you, I thought I would dedicate this blog to you instead.

This valentines will be the 9th we have spent together! Here are a few things that I LOVE about you:

-You get on the floor and play with the boys as soon as you get home from work
-You let me sleep in on Saturday mornings
-You are a hard and dedicated worker
-You teach our children to respect me
-You support me by giving me plenty of "girl" time.
-You don't complain about my time consuming calling.
-You make me laugh
-You set goals and accomplish them
-You value motherhood and womanhood
-You are passionate about getting healthy and fit (which is FANTASTIC....cause I want you around for a LONG time!)
-You put the Lord first
-You are my best friend
Happy Valentines Day! I love you!
-Your wifey

7 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

YOu both are so cute! I hope you have a great Valentines Day together!

Busy Lady said...

That picture is too much, you both look like you are 12, I can't believe it was only 9 years ago. You both look so happy though and I hope you will continue to be for many years to come.

P.S. I love the post with Parker first written word! Too funny!! Dallin is doing a great job because Parker writes his name at preschool all the time, good job Dallin!

Lee Starnes said...

So nice...Happy Valentines Day to both of you. Also Ashley and I decided we should you Makayla for a week so that Dallin can tutor Makayla on her writing. So far she is just too "busy" to care.

Stephanie said...

So um, can I just cut and paste for my Valentine? We are very blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives! Thanks for reminding me how special mine is too!

Erin said...

can i just say how happy this picture makes me? I thought it was hilarious and I can not believe it was 9 years ago...oh nater. :)

Allison said...

I love the picture. You definitely got a great guy and he most certainly got a great gal!

Lee Starnes said...

I remember Nate telling me about that date. You both are very cute and yeah that is a great cut Nathan!!
Love you
Dad