Dallin, Parker, Grandma and I just got back from our quick trip up to Red fish Lake. I've never been there before. What a BEAUTIFUL place. Aren't the Sawtooth Mountains in the background so majestic?
Here is a picture of the cabin we stayed in. It was so cute and cozy.
We spent a lot of time hanging out down at the beach. We tried and tried to catch some minnows but they were WAY too quick! We rode on paddle boats, played in the raft and went swimming. We were missing the water temperature down at Lake Powell! It was COLD!

On Monday we headed over to a Ghost Town called Custer. It is about 30 minutes north of Stanley, Idaho off an old dirt road. It was an old mining town that closed down in the early 1900s. What a cool place. We saw the old miner's homes, toured old schoolhouse and tried a nice cold sarsaparilla from the old saloon.

We packed a lot in for only being gone a couple of days! My Grandma is so amazing. I am so grateful to have her not only as a Grandma but as one of my very best friends. She is always up for some adventure and I don't know very many Grandmas who have HALF the energy she does. She is independent, wise, and the most charitable person that I know. I'm so glad we were able to spend this time together! (Even though we did miss you Daddy and Landon!)

Can't wait to go again one day!
5 comments:
Looks like fun...your grandma sounds so neat!
Glad you had a great time. It is very beautiful there and the water is freezing cold.
I am pretty impressed you were able to do the entertaining without the DVD player. That gives me hope for our trip next week. Our DVD player isn't working.
You guys have been doing the coolest trips. That one looks so fun. How did you do the cute collages?
Photoscape....Janet had it on her blog..its SUPER easy!
What a great trip! I love getting away to places that have been left in time...how cool. I will have to look into that one.
Post a Comment