Thursday, July 24, 2008

Accomplishments


These may look like the most pathetic, ridiculous couple of carrots you have ever laid your eyes on. As a matter of fact...if I saw these carrots at the store I would probably look over them quickly and immediately pick out some thicker, darker orange looking ones.

These carrots are HUGE to us though!! You see....Nathan and I have never grown anything together (other then children) in the last 7 years we have been married. We have never even had so much as a tomato plant survive in a pot.

This year we decided to give gardening a try. We planted some tomatoes, carrots, cilantro, peppers, and cucumbers in the plant box that Nate put together this spring. (The foods that thrive here in Idaho without too much work) We took a quick peek at the carrots today and gave these 2 a try....even though they obviously needed more time to grow. Much to our astonishment.....THEY WERE GOOD!

We've got lots of tomatoes coming soon and we are REALLY excited about that!
Anyway....just a small accomplishment for the day. O yeah....and HAPPY BLOG-iversary to me! Its been a whole year! That's a HUGE accomplishment....especially since I didn't even know what a blog was back then! haha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've had your blog for a whole year already! I love to check up with your family so keep it up!

-Callie

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous, my jealouse keeps getting bigger, especially consiering the idea of fresh veggies! I keep wanting to do some planters, but I am SO afraid of having to move them again, so for now we are limited to houseplants...(hm, a new post for me later!) I also want a orange and lemon tree, but again the moving thing...ugh someday we'll have a house!

The Reading Armadillo said...

You definitely have a green thumb now! Congratulations. And congrats on your blogiversary! I'm glad you started one I absolutely love reading it and finding out what you guys are up to.

tatum said...

congrats on the carrots AND the anniversary, ha ha, your too cute! i didn't know what a blog was then either.