We picked him up and went over to the park with friends for a picnic and then we went over to the good old Natatorium swimming pool. This is the pool where I took swimming lessons as a little girl. I have a lot of funny memories associated with that place. What is even more funny is the fact that I ran into about 10 people I knew from when I was little. Boise is a small town..that is for sure. (I have to look twice when I see myself in pictures...I am NOT used to the short hair!)

After swimming, we came back over to our house for a BBQ and fireworks. Mom, Dad and Jason came over as well as Emily's mom and sister. We also played some relay games in the backyard.
We played water balloon volleyball and the egg and spoon race. Here are all the boys in their red white and blue!

Lastly, we watched our money go up in flames as we lit $120 worth of fireworks. The trick with fireworks is to put them up on top of a latter. It makes them 10 times bigger then they would normally be! They boys absolutely loved the fireworks this year. I remember last year when Parker just sat in my mom's lap with his hands over his ears the ENTIRE night. This year was MUCH more fun for them! 
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun fourth! I love this holiday too!
how fun! i am going to try the ladder thing next year, we need to do something different than the same old stuff, you guys look so cute in your red white and blue!
Looks like a fun day. I absolutely LOVE your hair. It looks great on you!
We miss you guys. It was fun to see what you have been up to. You guys Rock. I love the ladder with fire works. Ours weren't as big they were on the grounds.
My favorite holiday too, but this year is a bust with Ric broken. We did watch a few of the neighbors fireworks and BBQ. Glad you had a great time. By the way, I have been updating the Blog so check it out.
Post a Comment