Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dallin's first day of kindergarten!

I swear my little boy looked like this just yesterday:

And here we are today....on his very first day of KINDERGARTEN!

Here is his new teacher...Mrs. Anderson. It's her first year teaching so she is VERY excited! Luckily Dallin already has a friend in his class! So Dal is at school right now as I am writing this. As we said our goodbyes this morning in his classroom, Dallin was happy, eager, and excited. I hope this is how he comes home-happy, eager, and excited to return for another day and many years to come!

Luckily no tears were shed as we parted but as I looked at him for the last time before I closed the classroom door, I could feel myself getting emotional. I did cry a little as I walked back from the bus stop. I couldn't help it.

It's SO hard to let go of your children. I keep wondering if I have told my son all he needs to know and if I have prepared him enough to go it alone. I would be lying if I didn't say that today was heartbreaking yet also freeing for the both of us. He needs to go out in the world and learn and heaven knows he has been waiting for this day for YEARS.


It sure is quiet around here though. Landon is taking a nap and Parker won't leave my side. He is so reliant on Dallin for EVERYTHING so I am sure this will be a definite learning opportunity for him as well.


2 hours to go until the BIG FIRST is over.........

6 comments:

Jami said...

holly smokes! i cant believe the day is here! i hope it lived up to his expectaions. we will have to get the boys together so dallin can comfort spencer who is excited but not ready to cut the cord, lol.

Jami said...

holly smokes! i cant believe the day is here! i hope it lived up to his expectaions. we will have to get the boys together so dallin can comfort spencer who is excited but not ready to cut the cord, lol.

jayna said...

Wow- I am dreading this day come September. Good job Mom!

Stephanie said...

Yeah For Dallin! It IS hard to watch that door close after them for the first time, but you wouldn't want him anywhere else right? :) Horray for a little more FREEDOM for you!

Katie said...

Congrats on getting through that first day! Jolie's isn't until September but I know I won't be able to stop the waterworks, at least on my part. Jolie won't care a bit.

Reno 411 said...

Oh that is so cute that he started school. My Dallin starts August 11th. I am sure I will cry. It is amazing how quickly they grow. Have a great year Dallin!