I've become yet another one of those slacker bloggers out there. Still trying to set up a house, get organized and stay on top of the every day. Still growing a BIG baby who is due to show his face in 5 weeks or less. Still trying to wrap my mind about having a newborn again and all of the work and sleep deprivation that I'm in for VERY soon! Trying to enjoy the journey yet finding lots of stress along the way! Just trying to manage it all yet feeling like I'm falling short at it all. All I can do is try.....and trying is what I'm doing even though some days it doesn't really look like it.
Last weekend was so incredibly special. It was one of the most sacred and special experiences of my life. A couple of weeks ago my dad discovered that he had 4 half siblings....2 sisters and 2 brothers.My dad did not grow up knowing who is father was. He was raised by his mother and his grandparents. My Grandma is extremely quiet on the matter and so there have been a lot of questions looming around through the years. My mom was anxious and scared about this news. She was terrified my dad would be rejected by these people if they knew they had a brother out there. My dad felt inclined to move forward though....he found out that his oldest sister lived in Aurora Colorado....in the exact same area where my brother Jason is serving his mission right now. Obviously to us this was not just a coincidence. My dad sent a manila letter to her. (Patty) He told her who he was, included some pictures of our family and left his phone number. A few days later she called my dad. She was emotional, so very happy and she exclaimed, "My brother! My long lost brother! I've been looking for you all these years!:
Plans were made and all of the siblings AND their mother who is STILL alive decided to meet in Orem over the weekend to meet my dad. Patty and her husband came from Colorado, Larry came from Sacramento, Debbie lives in Orem and Kirk lives up in Salt Lake City. Their mother lives down in Redmond UT. I wasn't going to miss this event for the world. This was like a movie or a talk show or something out of this world! My mom stressed about it for days....my dad was so excited and at peace.
The Nelson family was incredible. They were open, loving and so welcoming to us. There were many tears shed throughout the day. There was so much overwhelming love in that room. It was like a glimpse into the afterlife...what it will be like when we all reconnect with our families. There was peace. There was pure joy.
Nat couldn't be there because of the new baby but one of the absolute COOLEST things is.....Elder Rock was able to experience some of this miracle as well. Last week he went over to Patty's house and he had the chance to meet his aunt for the first time as well. It was emotional and special for him. I am so happy that he had the chance to be included in this miraculous series of events.
I'm so happy and excited for my dad. All of his siblings kept saying over and over again how much he resembled their father. They said of all of the siblings he looked the MOST like him. After hours and hours of visiting...no one wanted to leave. It really was a tiny slice of heaven. I'm so grateful I was there to experience this moment in time.
4 comments:
What an amazing story!!!
This is so incredible!
Post a Comment