Saturday, June 22, 2013

Swan Valley

Nate and Parker headed over to Boise for the weekend. Nate competed in the State Time Trial and got a nice 2nd place finish! Parker wanted some one on one time with Dad and he was ready to be spoiled rotten by Grandma and Grandpa. 

 I was getting stir crazy on Saturday afternoon and so we jumped in the car and headed up to beautiful Swan Valley. We brought our neighbor Parker with us....our substitute Parker if you will! We got some famous square ice cream cones and threw rocks in the river and did some bird watching. 

It was a perfect little day trip. I needed to just get away (aka RUN away) for awhile from all of the stress we're dealing with right now. We're still not ready to close on our house and we've got some pretty HUGE news coming up this week. I'll share as soon as I can. 2013 is going down as one of the craziest, unexpected, stressful years to date. 











1 comment:

Allison said...

Ack! I'm behind again. Just catching up and noticed you are having another baby! Congrats! It sounds like he was very anxious to get here. =)

I just read the post you wrote when you found out and it reminded me of when I accidentally got pregnant with Jennabee during the last year of law school. I sobbed to Joe the night I found out and told him people would think I was crazy with 5 kids. I told him I would never go shopping with all of them...EVER...because I didn't want to get any comments. =) Now we have seven, so I guess people REALLY think I'm crazy, haha...

Oh, and Swan Valley is where my grandma's family is from. Some of the family (Jacobson's) still farm out there. I haven't been there in almost 20 years. I'm sure it's changed so much!