This summer has been SO incredibly stressful so far. We've had some huge things going on and so it has been hard to just sit back and try to enjoy and soak in the summer like we usually do.
We have been playing when we can and now that the summer weather has finally arrived (in full force) we've been enjoying being outside. We've spent a few days up at Rigby Lake with friends.
We went up to Rexburg Rapids last week which was fun. I was a tad nervous about taking all 4 of my kids by myself but I threw a life jacket on Landon and we had a great time. Anna fell asleep in the lazy river with me holding her!
Nate had his huge bike race last night...the Allan Butler Crit. Nate was in charge of promoting this race and it has been a lot of work and worry for him. He is happy it is over now....it was very time consuming to get this up and running! We came down to cheer him on. We brought a friend with us. A man asked me if all these children were mine. I quickly told him "Oh, heavens no....." Then I realized that in a few months I really will have THIS MANY CHILDREN. O my word.
So the first main stress we've been dealing with is the new house. It is taking SO much longer than anticipated to get into the darn thing. We were supposed to close on June 1....now it looks like it will be later in July. I'm so antsy about getting in there that it makes me crazy. We've been living out of boxes for months now. I'm so ready to be settled. Patience. Patience. Patience. I'm trying to learn it but I'm just ready.
Next thing that has been stressing me out has been the big news that Nate and 2 other attorneys are breaking off and starting their own law firm! Huge scary step but one that we are really excited about. His new firm is absolutely beautiful and I am so thrilled for him and for this new challenge. It has been one long road.....undergrad, law school, internships, clerkship, jobs in Boise and in Idaho Falls. FINALLY....he gets to be his OWN BOSS. I'm ecstatic for him. He has worked so hard and this is going to be such an amazing blessing. We've been busy getting everything up and running. We've been doing lots of furniture and art shopping and getting everything ready for Monday morning! WooHoo!!!
I'm changing too. It is funny to me that when people ask me if I'm stressed about having this 5th baby my response lately has been....nope. Not really. This is the one thing in our lives that I have a bit of control over. He's coming whether we're ready for him or not. I'm getting excited. Babies are work....but babies are blessings too. Horrible picture of me yet here it is anyway.
Busy week ahead.....Nate's first day at the new firm, Anna's FIRST birthday ( I can hardly believe it), family coming into town, and the glorious 4th of July. Swim lessons start too. Here we go.........
2 comments:
I feel overwhelmed for you! But everything is so exciting. Congrats!
Crazy, you handle it all so well...from a distance anyway. Can't wait to see the 1st birthday bash and you guys in your new place :)
Post a Comment