Monday, March 25, 2013

St. George (Days 1-2)

It's 8:00pm and I'm sitting in the condo down at St. George. All of the kids and my Grandma are sound asleep. That's what a bunch of SUNSHINE and ACTIVITY can do to you! I have nothing to do so I thought I'd wrap up our little vacation so far. That will make writing all about it when I get back home a little bit easier and not as overwhelming!

The boys ( o yeah....AND GIRL....sometimes I forget still ☺)  and I left Saturday after the awards ceremony for the science fair. I'm still so blown away that the boys got first place. My parents are so excited that we have a great excuse to come over to Boise now for the State Finals! For a girl who never got above a C on a science fair project this is such a big deal. Nate, the STATE CHAMPION from yesteryear is happy the boys are following in his footsteps.

We've always wanted to stop at Hill Air Force Base on our way down to Salt Lake but haven't ever found the time. We only had about an hour to squeeze in but I decided we were going to do it no matter what this trip! An hour was all we needed though! We saw it all....very quickly!





Sunday we went to church with Grandma and then drove down to St. George. Today we headed somewhere neither one of us had ever been before. It is called Red Cliff Recreation Area. It was GREAT! It is like a little oasis out in the middle of the red rock country! It's only about 15 miles north of St. George. We spent the afternoon hiking. We saw some real dinosaur tracks and Anasazi ruins.
 




 
After a day of hiking we came back to the condo and spent the entire afternoon at the pool while Grandma and Anna took a long nap. My poor arms and legs are pretty much burned to a crisp. I am NOT complaining one bit though. I missed the sun SO much.

More to come over the next couple of days!