Holy Moly! This month is just zipping by. I feel like I'm running around going 90 mph trying to get everything done! It has been one exhausting week....physically and emotionally. Hearing about the horrific events that took place in Connecticut really hit me hard. I have had a hard time sleeping, I can't stop thinking about if something like that happened to my kindergartner...or any of my children for that matter.
Events like this make me thankful for the gospel in my life. I'm scared about the world that my kids will grow up in. As much as I want to shelter them and protect them I know that these are the things that we have been warned about. I know that I can do all I can do and create a Christ centered home...a refuge from the world. My heart goes out to those sweet innocent children and those heroic teachers. I'm reminded yet again that each day should be a treasured gift with the ones we love.
This week was a crazy one. We got our neighbor gifts out. We wrapped up some chocolate and put a cute tag on them. I made the boys wear Santa hats and Landon wore some Rudolf ears. They looked SO cute! Dallin was NOT liking it at all. Hehe. I'm just the meanest mom in the world. The boys delivered the gifts and wished everyone a very Merry Christmas!
Wednesday the kids had their Christmas sing-a-long. I was very proud of my boys. We also decorated tree boughs which was really neat. The gym smelled of fresh pine trees....such a wonderful smell. One of these years we'll get a real tree again...brings back so many memories!
There were SO many people in the gym....a little sister wasn't liking all of the noise so she snuggled up to her daddy.
Parker had his last game of the fall season. His team has played SO well....we've decided to have the team play up a grade level starting in January. These 2md graders are pretty incredible! We're excited to see them actually face some decent teams. Parker made a buzzer beater 3 pointer at the end of his game on Saturday. I was screaming like a crazy lady! SO much fun!
Landon loves to play with his twin friends Brigham and Brighton on the sidelines during the games.
I simply adore watching these 2 coach our kids. They take the role very seriously. They sure love these kids and it will be fun to watch them continue next season. Or I guess the next 2 seasons! This is some serious commitment I tell ya! EE came up this weekend. She came to the game and wanted to be here for Parker's birthday!
Parker's birthday party was on Saturday. He wanted to be just like Dallin and go bowling.
Can't believe that my boy is 8. A post for him tomorrow.......
No comments:
Post a Comment