Monday we got up early and went straight to the Holocaust Museum. It was very emotionally draining to see the actual shoes and personal belongings of some of those men, women and children sent to death and work camps. Pictures aren't allowed in the museum so I have no visual documentation of the day but it definitely makes a lasting impression on everyone who enters that museum. It is hard to believe that human beings were capable of such brutality and evilness. Some of the images we saw are pretty much burned into my mind forever. Horrible.
After the museum we headed up to Baltimore for the rest of the day. Baltimore was SO SO SO much fun! We went over to the National Aquarium, watched a dolphin show, wandered through many different fish and animal exhibits and enjoyed an evening on the docks overlooking the harbor.
Here is the aquarium:
Em and I decided to pose all crazy with this silly cutout when suddenly, the ACTUAL man came walking up. We all took a picture with him! Totally random and SO hilarious!
As we were snapping these last few pics on the pier, I couldn't help but think about how BLESSED Em and I both are. We both married such GOOD and honorable men who love us (kiss us in public ☺) and take good care of us. They adore their families, work SO hard, and don't take life too seriously. They are FUN to be around and they make us LAUGH so hard we cry! They put up with us and our crazy antics.
We put up with them too.
On the way home we stopped at the White House.
And THAT was our AMAZING trip to DC!!! Great friends, great food, great sites, and LOTS of caffeine to keep us going. WE LOVE YOU PERRY FAM! Thank you for everything. This was the absolute highlight of my year! Move to Idaho Falls....will you please?☺







6 comments:
Looks like an amazing trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
So fun & I am so jealous & heck ya they kiss you in public...they married UP!!!!! ;)
Stac! I haven't talked to you in forever. It looks like you are having so much fun in D.C. When you get home I want to hear all about it. Call me!! :) Love you!
As soon as Nate get's Tom a job, we are so there!!!
Glad you had an amazing time! love all the fun pictures!
I want to go to DC so bad. You look like you had a great time. I love the candid picture of you and Nate where you are both smiling and almost laughing.
Post a Comment