Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Week

I was thinking this week about the times in my life when people have asked me, "What do you do all day as a stay at home mom?" Recently one lady asked me, "Don't you get SO bored?" Sometimes its hard to remember each and every thing I do all week long but whatever it is that I do, I sure am tired at the end of each day.

This week has been insane. I wanted to document at least a few of the things that have occupied my time "staying at home."

Monday we went apple and plum picking with some families in our ward for family home evening. We were able to go back to the orchard we went to last year. This sweet little elderly couple lets ANYONE come and pick fruit from their 70+ trees. It really was a magical night. The boys were LOVING running around with their friends all over the orchard picking apples, climbing the trees and munching on a few along the way.




We picked two huge boxes full and have already had some delicious APPLE COBBLER 2 times this week! It's healthy right?? It has OATMEAL in it! haha.
I also got a screaming deal on strawberries ($5.00 a flat!!) this week and have been busy at work making jam and dehydrating apples at the same time! We ♥ apple chips!

 I taught preschool this week as well. We were learning all about the letter E. Landon sure loves all of his little friends in preschool.
 Here are our elephant hand prints:
Today was Activity Days with the girls and we learned all about the importance of doing service for others. The girls made a quick tie fleece blanket for a new baby boy in our ward. This couple has been trying for a baby for over 6 years so this baby is a true miracle boy! The couple was SO sweet when the girls handed it to them. The girls were THRILLED to get to meet their tiny baby!
I also bought some cute plates at the dollar store and slapped some vinyl on them. The girls had to think of 2 women in the ward who exemplify the traits of service and faith. We piled the plates with fresh homemade cookies and wrapped them up with a big bow. I had no idea how EMOTIONAL this little act of service was going to be. The recipients of the cookies were very thankful. It was a really special day.
I got my visiting teaching done this week, went to my Zumba class, did mountains of homework with the kids, practiced spelling words over and over, read lots of books, practiced fluency tests, mowed the lawn, deep cleaned the house, packed lunches, made breakfast and dinner, went grocery shopping, attended pack meeting, forced piano practice, tried to spend time with my husband, and started packing for our TRIP next week (yippee!). All while dealing with some pretty intense allergies.

Oh, and the SPORTS don't even start until 2 weeks from now! 3 kids in sports....this should be interesting.

So if you every see me with a blank, glazed over expression....its not that I'm not bored, I'm just exhausted. ☺

SOOOO looking forward to Conference this weekend.

4 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

that is always a funny question. I could understand when someone not of our faith would ask, but when someone who is asks, it's always bizarre because there are so many, many things that need to be done as latter-day-saints aside from every other motherly responsibility.

Oh and I would love it if you post what you do for your activities. That's what I was just called to do in our ward. I'm excited.

Unknown said...

Preach, my sista! (as I hide my stash of trashy TV & bon-bons )

Anonymous said...

Aren't we lucky to be able to do these things at home with our family? I don't know how women who work can manage and they miss the fun parts of being a mom and wife. I love getting to be home.
Lee

Em and Tom said...

Layla saw Landon and said "Hey that's my friend Landon. Mom go back up I want to look at him more." Then she said "Mom, comment and say "We miss you Starnes!" It's true, we do, and we are so glad you love us so much that you're going to come see us:)