Monday, June 20, 2011

Staying busy...staying sane.

At first I thought we were out of our minds deciding to shut the cable down for the summer. After a few weeks though I am noticing that we hardly miss it. With all of the sports we have going on and all of the running around that we do every day it is nice to look around and see THIS when we have some down time:

 The boys were setting up their own "mini golf course" in the front room this morning. They even added a small water feature.....or a bowl they added green food coloring too an sprinkled a little paprika in it as well. Creative or strange....I'm not sure. ☺
No cable in the summer.....a surprisingly good thing! ☺

Back to the sports we've been so busy with. The oldest 2 boys had tennis lessons right before we left to go out of town. Parker and Dallin love to play tennis which is a good thing since it seems like EVERYONE plays here in Idaho Falls. I like that Dallin has a nice NO CONTACT sport that he enjoys and excels at. ☺
Landon and Parker have been playing baseball as well. Thank heavens Dallin decided to "retire" from baseball this year. It would have been too much having 3 going at once!

Please pardon the proud mommy moment but Mr. Parker is the ONLY 6 year old on a team of 8 year olds and one 11 year old. He hits better than most of them and yes...I am that strange mom in the stands BEAMING! He refused to play another year of t-ball and I don't blame him at all. After 3 years of t-ball he was more than ready to move up to machine pitch. It is SO much fun watching this teeny tiny guy step up to the plate and knock one to center field! It makes watching baseball a LOT more enjoyable for me anyway. Sidenote: Parker plays for the Braves which is fun to cheer for since that was my high school mascot. Yelling "Let's go Braves!" Yeah...it takes me back to the ol cheer days.



Mr. Landon plays for the Lightening Bolts. Is there anything cuter than watching a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds playing t-ball? I think not! Kids running the bases backwards, chasing butterflies, laying down in the outfield. Love it.

We've been so busy so far this summer. It's a good thing since I feel like I still don't have any really close friends here in Idaho Falls. It's just different here and even though I try so hard to make the best of things sometimes it gets kind of lonely. In Boise I had my family and friends who were ALWAYS going and doing fun things and here I feel like everyone kind of keeps to themselves. Whenever I think, "we should go to a movie, or the zoo or meet up for lunch" I can think of a dozen people I could call up in Boise but not so much here. It's a little disheartening since we have been here over a year now. I kept thinking that things would get better but I'm realizing now that it just is what it is. It makes me so grateful for my own little family....for my boys who are best friends with each other and for my sweet husband who puts up with my whining. It also makes me so grateful for my good friends who call me on a weekly basis to check up on me. So for now....we'll just keep playing hard and staying busy. Just me and my boys.

Alright...enough ranting! Positive thinking.....positive thinking. ☺

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are doing the no t.v. thing too starting next week. I let them have one week after school was out and then it's gone. I'm a bit nervous, but I know it's for the best. Miss you terrribly.

Unknown said...

...and the home of the...... BRAVES!

Love, Love, Love it!!!!

Marie said...

Have you really been gone for over a year? That is crazy. It took a good 2 years for us to make our really close friends in our ward in Boise. Hang in there! Cute boys!

Em and Tom said...

Miss you, and wish I didn't but so know how you feel. Positive thinking is sometimes my only life line to sanity. Darling kids/sports pics.