Yesterday was so WEIRD. It seems we endured every kind of emotion and every type of weather all crammed into an 18 hour time span. It started out as an absolutely beautiful and perfect summer morning. I dropped Dallin off for scout day camp and took the other kids to my Zumba class. Everyone was teasing me relentlessly since I haven't been there in over 2 weeks. I'm glad they missed me. It makes it easier to get up in the morning now that classes are outside and much EARLIER than I would prefer.
After Zumba we did the baseball thing:
Then we had lunch and played with friends at the park which was really fun. I've organized a playgroup for the summer and was happy that 4 other moms joined us. The sprinklers turned on while we were there so I came home with some very WET boys to say the least!
After playgroup it was still only 3:30 and HOTTER than hot outside. (NOT that I am complaining...I've been waiting for this heat since last November!) As soon as Dallin arrived back at home I thought, hey...lets just head up to Rexburg and play in the splash park for a couple of hours. Nate wasn't going to be home until 8 at least since Wednesdays are his group ride nights. We headed up to Rexburg and met up with Uncle Yamo and Aunt Sierra. We played in the water and rode the carousel for an hour or so.
Then suddenly out of NOWHERE rolled in this ginormous black cloud and it started to rain and hail. The wind was blowing, the thunder booming and lightning flashing all over the place. It was surreal.
We jumped in the car and headed home in the storm. I could see the lightning reaching all the way down to the ground and suddenly remembered Nate was out on his bike in this crazy storm. I tried calling him a few times but he didn't answer. I started panicking. Where was he? Is he struck by lightning and dead somewhere on the side of the road? Did he forget his phone? Did someone veer off the road due to all of the rain and smack him? Yeah.....my mind does that. Worst case scenario, I go there. About an hour later I got a call from Nate...."Hey, will you come pick me up? I'm over by Shelley." I was SO relieved! When I picked him up I gave him an ear full. Yeah, instead of being loving and kind I pretty much ripped him a new face because he SCARED me to death. They yelling, the screaming, it was all done in love. ☺
Later that night Nate bought me my 30th birthday present. If you want to know what it is then you'll just have to wait until my birthday to find out. Needless to say I am SO over the moon excited that I could hardly sleep! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
What a day!
1 comment:
Oh come on what is it? Give a mom something to be excited about during her three in the morning nursing session. :-)
Post a Comment