It FINALLY feels and LOOKS like spring around here! Yesterday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and the great weather is supposed to continue for awhile (lets HOPE). It is so much fun seeing all of the neighbors come out of "Idaho Falls hibernation."
Last night Dallin had his SPRING piano recital! He did such a great job! I'm so proud of his dedication to piano. He has really enjoyed it and is looking forward to starting up again this fall!
The beautiful daffodils up our walkway are ALL in bloom! Tulips are next! I love the burst of color. It has been fun each morning coming out and seeing how close we are to having the flowers open up. (And especially fun for me to see how THRILLED the boys were when they finally did! Made me laugh.) We also have a robin's nest over on the side of the house. Yay!
Yesterday I spent the entire day working on the yard. I edged, mowed, fertilized and continue to combat the dandelions that are OUT OF CONTROL in eastern Idaho. I have honestly never seen so many dandelions. I'm beginning to believe that the dandelion really is the city flower of IF.
We had SO many dandelions in our backyard when we moved in last year I honestly had to go into a room a cry for awhile. We had more dandelions then grass and bees galore because of it. I saw a house that looked as bad as ours did last year so I snapped a quick photo:
My neighbors and my husband all just shake their head at me as I'm out there with my WEED BE GONE in hand every day. Let's face it, I embrace the fact that I take after my father and am absolutely and positively OBSESSED with my yard. I just might be a little OCD and I'm okay with that. ☺ I like working in the yard. It de-stresses me and I love looking at a green lawn and feel a sense of pride when I step back and see the rewards of my efforts. Plus, it's a great workout and I get one heck of a sexy farmer tan! We do have a few dandelions but I keep fighting them off and so far we're looking pretty good!
Plus I love that the yard is a place the boys love to be:
And so does one (slightly plump) kitty:
1 comment:
Wow! Looks good, nice work, Stack.
Post a Comment