Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What does your sweep pile say about you?

I sweep my floors every day. I HAVE to! Look at all the stuff that accumulates after 1 day in our household!
So I was looking at all of the garbage/treasures in my pile. Then I thought, this pile really does say a lot about our family. How so?

1. I live with a bunch of PIGS! (or BOYS)

2. My children are candy obsessed. From the various nerds, smartees, dum dum and gum wrappers, it is apparent that they are also really good at SNEAKING and STASHING candy.

3. Beebees, nerf darts and other various ammunition. My children love to play together (or beat each other up) and they also love to SHOOT each other all day long. I recall a not so distant day when I swore I would NEVER allow a shooting toy in the house. Once again...never say never!

4. I see a band aid in the pile. Funny how I'm ready to throw a good band aid away but every time I need one I can't find one anywhere. Band aids are magical in my household. It's incredible how every little scrape HAS to be covered immediately by a band aid or this wound will NEVER heal!

5. Popcorn kernals. We LOVE to rent a redbox, pile up the blankets, pop some popcorn and watch movies together! Plus we're CHEAP!

6. Matchbox cars and those finger skateboard things. They are a CONSTANT in the sweep pile. I do tend to rescue those toys. Those are the toys that NEVER get old!

7. Pieces and parts of games and toys. I HATE toys with lots of small parts. If a lego, crayon, or piece of an action figure gets in the pile.....its a GONNER! Sorry kids. I'm not like my mother in law who does such a great job of keeping every part of every game set together. I don't have the patience! Thats just the way it is!

8. A cat toy. Really? I still can't believe we have a cat.

9. A tag for a new shirt. I buy my kids way too many clothes. Ask my sister...I keep giving her everything my kids outgrow!

10. A cheerio, a noodle, some bread. We like carbs.

 I must love these PIGS. That's why I continue to clean up after them day after day!

5 comments:

Mom on the Go said...

Funny! I never really have time to look at the pile I sweep up because it takes all my time and energy keeping Sophia from walking through it to get to me. I have to sweep it up and get it in the garbage FAST! Right now it's mostly food from under Sophia's seat at the table, then again I don't have hardwood floors throughout my house like you do!

Em and Tom said...

Love this post! See ya soon!!!!!

jayna said...

So funny. I don't want to look that closely at what we might collect...I vacuum it daily to get rid of it quickly!

Unknown said...

Ha! Love this. Similar stuff at our place, although, NO CAT. (judging...just kidding)

Ash and Shane said...

I love your blog. it always puts a smile on my face even the picture of the stuff on your floor. glad my floor is not the only messy floor on this planet! except I just vacuum mine up maybe next time I will take a look!