We went to Boise this weekend! Missy was throwing Emily a going away party and I wasn't going to miss it! ☺ At first I was just going to head over alone but then the whole family decided they couldn't live ONE SINGLE DAY without me so we all packed up and headed over! Guess I'm loved...that's a good thing, right? It was a great weekend.
Friday night was the party and it was at Missy's new gorgeous house! The party was tons of fun and as always, it was so great to see everyone. We stayed up way late chatting and playing games. We even gave the good old "I-pod Idol" game a go! Good times. I love all of these ladies! I'm still in denial that Emily is moving but she is so loved and I know she'll make lots of new friends quickly over in D.C. We're already talking about flying over for a visit in the fall! Yippee!
Saturday we played hard. Grandma and Grandpa were ready and rearing to spoil the grand kids! We went to the candy store first and the kids went crazy throwing all sorts of goodies in their baskets!
Nate took off to go on a a 4 hour bike ride with his teammates. He sure misses riding outside. It was 45 degrees out so he was in heaven! He rode with all of the Bob's Bicycle guys AND the Olympic GOLD medalist Kristen Armstrong! He was pretty stoked to say the least.
The rest of us headed over to Emerald Lanes to do a little bowling. It was Carter's first time bowling so it was fun to watch him try to figure the whole thing out.
Add some Chuck E Cheese and McDonald's and its pretty safe to say the kids had a FANTASTIC and very UNHEALTHY weekend!
Sunday we went to our old ward. It was fun seeing so many familiar faces and a few of the Young Women that I have missed SO much. Life just continues to change....the ward has split since we moved, lots of friends have moved or are moving in the near future. Nothing is constant in life except for change. I can honestly say it was the first time since we've moved that I wasn't sad (except for the Perry's moving part)☺. I'm so glad that Idaho Falls is feeling more and more like home to me. We were all excited to head back to the freezing side of the state. And even though we were only gone for 3 days, I can't believe I'm actually saying it.......(shhhhhh) I missed my cat.



5 comments:
Makes me sad to think that it might be along time till I see you! I cut and paste your blog sometimes to my friends. They are so impressed with you Stace! Random thought...I need help with deciding what to cook for dinner...any help?
Kali
Kal, I'm always on the lookout for dinner ideas. Lucky for US my friend from the law school days has been working on some dinner ideas. Just look over at my blog list and click on the fairly happy blog. I'm headed over there today to get some NEW ideas!
Cooking gets SO OLD!!! haha
Hey Kals! Why can't we comment on your blog anymore?
I was wondering the same thing.....whats the dealio Kals?
I got to get on that..I just thought that you guys had nothing to say to my fabulous writing...:)
Post a Comment