Anyway, we found this old duplex south of campus. It was in great shape, had a yard, a 2nd bedroom and the NEW carpet I was hoping for. The price was right and even though it was probably about 30 years old, I was THRILLED.
We made all sorts of memories there. We had BBQ's with friends, planted some flowers in the yard, did alot of dishes by hand because there was no dishwasher. I decorated Dallin's nursery there. I sat in front of the huge swamp cooler all summer while I was HUGE and pregnant. We did our wash in the kitchen (where the washing machine was) and took the clothes to the outside shed where the dryer was. Ahhh yes, those were some good times. I LOVED to jump out and scare Nate when he would take the clothes out to the dryer at night. Bahahaha! I'm evil.
We brought our teeny tiny Dallin home there. We were SO poor yet SO happy.
ANYWAY........so we drove past our former home:
Holy crap. It looks like we lived in a crack house.
6 comments:
that's so funny...as I was reading your post I was picturing in my mind that it looked much nicer too! I remember coming over and thinking it was this nice big apartment. I'm sure it looked much better when you lived there!
pretty funny! and so true- our standards weren't so high in college land! :)
this post makes me giggle! SO TRUE!
I want to see pics of when YOU lived there, I bet it was adorable.
You are so funny. I does look like a crack house. I can picture you scaring Nate as he comes in the from putting clothes in the dryer.
you made it look really nice inside! I remember the dryer being outside!!! glad you've upgraded since then though!
Post a Comment