Friday, June 18, 2010

LP 2010

Back from Powell and all is well....and TAN! We had a great time this year. One BIG change this year was the fact that my parents bought a new houseboat. We've been on the Last Resort for 25+ years so it was a big change to be on a different boat.
So here she is.........may I introduce the SunQuest.

Actual bedrooms, bigger kitchen, 2 bathrooms, air conditioning (wasn't working this year....but hopefully next), queen sized mattresses....it was a step up could say!
I took all 3 boys this year....Daddy couldn't come with becuase of the new job. They all had a fantastic time playing in the HUGE sandy beach that we found this year. They fished, swam, tubed and went off the slide. A little boy's dream.

James brought 4 friends plus his girlfriend. They were one crazy bunch! It was so funny how OLD they thought I was. They kept saying things like..."How do you know this song?...this isn't YOUR generation."


We had the usual Hawaiin night.....lots of fun!

We played the 3rd annual Red Rock challenge...we took some of the game ideas from Minute To Win It! It was crazy as always!

Water was good. It always is!


Initiation was hilarious. Every year the boys make a huge fire and everyone gets marshmallow smeared on them for accomplishing things at Lake Powell. They get smeared if they throw a tantrum, jump the wake, catch a fish, master the air chair.....things like that. Then they jump off the houseboat to wash all of the mess off. My boys were thrilled to be apart of the action.



We had some pretty intense weather this year and some very high stress situations but all in all it was a great trip. O yeah....and my dad is pretty much awesome.
Time to get back to the real world.....or at least figure out what my new real world is. It was 50 degrees in Idaho Falls when I got back home. Seriously???

5 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Looks like a blast! I love the marshmellow initiation. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Miss you, miss you, miss you. I'm glad you had fun!

Nikki said...

That was me. I don't have this comp. stuff down yet! :-)

Em and Tom said...

Fun to see the pics of your awesome trip. The weather is so horrible over here I almost turned my heat on the other day!

Unknown said...

Stack! You are such a bad***! I love that pic of you :) I miss you, bad. Roaring Springs? EH? EH?