6 weeks of constantly hanging out with my spouse felt like a long time. 2 weeks apart feels much, MUCH, longer. I do get a lot more done when he is gone but I miss my BF every night once the boys are asleep. American Idol isn't nearly as much fun to watch alone, folding laundry is much more fun with a helper, and no time to myself kind of sucks too.
Dallin has taken his new role as "man of the house" very seriously. A few lines I remember from the last couple of days: "Mom, do you need any help with anything?" or "Parker and Landon, please take your plates to the sink." It's nice to know that I'm always being taken care of and the boys are so willing to help out.
Parker said something really funny I wanted to write down. (It's totally random, but hey, its Parker) He said, "I have 3 favorite church songs. They are I am a Child of God, Popcorn Popping, and the Iron Man song." Luv that kid.
Landon is sick and tired of all of the packing and cleaning going on in this house. Every time I pack one of his toys he freaks out.....like he has even played with that particular toy in ages.
One good thing, I'm decrapifying my life with this move. If I haven't used it in a year it is OUT OUT OUT!
Case and point:
Nate and I bought these sweet roller blades back when we very first started dating. Or I guess I should say, Nate bought both sets. He was trying to impress me or something. :) I remember going to Sports Authority and picking them out together and then rollerblading that night through the streets of Provo hand in hand. Oh....the romance! haha.
Honestly, how many times have we rollerbladed since them.....probably never.*
So WHY do we keep dragging these things from house to house? I guess its the memories attached to the "things" in our lives. I just might hang onto them....rollerblades could make a comeback right?
In other news, we got an offer on our home. Yippy Skippy! It makes me sick to my stomach to think how much these buyers will get MY house for! I picked out everything in this house....the colors, the trim, the appliances, the upgrades.......BUT the house is just a thing too. The best THINGS in life aren't THINGS right?
*Quick side story: I actually did go rollerblading once on the greenbelt next to the Provo River with Dallin in his jogging stroller when he was about 2 months old. I was going a little bit too fast and started to lose control. I started to fall and the stroller just kept on rolling and almost went right on into the river. Yeah...that would have been GREAT. I guess I have good and bad memories attached to the blades. :)
1 comment:
Oh Stac, I can't think what to say. On the one hand I am crying again! On the other I am glad that you are such a strong person, and I know you will be o.k.! And it is true "the best things in life aren't things." Where have I seen that before? Loveya
Post a Comment