Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shouldn't I be somewhere???

September 19, 2007 through May 5, 2010 my Wednesday nights have been spent primarily over at the church with the Young Women in the Desert Ward.
May 12, 2010. Today. I thought I would feel "free" in a sense. I don't though. I'm actually feeling a little bit lost. Sunday was my last day as the YW President and I've got to admit.....it has been really hard on me. Harder than I thought it was going to be.

When I look back on this crazy roller coaster we've been on these past few months and I ask myself WHY Heavenly Father would have us in Boise these past 4 years, I know without hesitation that one of the main reasons is because I needed to learn how to serve. I needed to learn how to love.

I thank the young women for teaching more than I ever thought possible. They have been such a light in my life. They have taught me more than I could have EVER taught them. They reminded me how fun it is to be a GIRL! I have been lost in a world of boys for so long and I think Heavenly Father knew that I needed a good dose of femininity. The girls have taught me about patience, joy, service, silliness, and love. It has been an amazing experience to watch them grow into such beautiful righteous Daughters of God. I will miss them so much and I hope the void in my heart will heal soon.

What to do with all of my time now? I guess I'll try to focus more on my origianl calling...YOUNG Young  Mens leader......Starnes style. :)

2 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Good idea. It is hard to leave the girls. I still miss them. I would be worried about you if you didn't.

Jen said...

I'm sure they are missing you just as much!