Sunday, May 16, 2010

Crazy busy


I'm looking forward to life slowing down a little bit in a few weeks....or at least I am hoping it will. Doing the single mom thing all week, keeping the house clean, trying to pack our entire house and making sure the boys are dressed and ready for all sporting, music, church and educational events is exhausting. Throw in trying to be a good mom and traveling hundreds of miles on the weekends to see your spouse and you've got one tired mama. We're in survival mode and the boys are lucky to get a well balanced meal at the end of the day. Mac and cheese and cereal can be good for you....right?

It must be documented though! This is life and gosh darn it...we will remember it and record it!

Last week we got some free hocket tickets to the Steelheads game so I took Dal, Parks and my brother Jason. It was the first time the boys had been and they were fascinated by all of the body slamming into the glass walls. It was so much fun to watch them.

For Parker's preschool class we went to the MK Nature center and checked out the fish. We've had lots of fun doing a co-op preschool this year. Emily and I wore the same tank top! Great minds think alike...right Em?
This weekend I took Landon and Parker over to Idaho Falls to get some things ready before we move in a couple of weeks. We cleaned and painted the new house. Sorry ketchup and mustard colored room....you just HAD to go. So did the bright red kitchen.
Nate and I called my brother and his g-friend, Sierra. They came over and we painted until 1:00AM. We had a blast! There is something very soothing about painting and seeing a room come to life. I'm so excited to see how everything turns out when my furniture and decorations get over there. A house isn't a home in the Starnes family until there are a couple of chocolate colored walls!

On Saturday we hooked up with James and all of his college friends and took the boys skim boarding. The boys had an absolute blast playing in the water. Nate helped Parker ride it a couple of times and how he is officially hooked!  He talked about getting his own skim board the entire drive home! The sun was hot and the water was warm. Maybe eastern Idaho won't be as horrible as I think.






Time to get ready for yet another busy week!  

3 comments:

Em and Tom said...

You just made me tired, and excited for you! Love our twins pic. Can't believe you're really leaving me! loveya

Jason and Jen said...

You survived the weekend! I love the new look of your blog!

Marie said...

I love how you are still doing so many fun things with your family, despite your hectic schedule! You are such a good mom!