Yesterday while I went through Dallin's backpack I found a cute little note from a girl in his class. Her name is Annalee. It was all folded like the notes I remember passing in the Jr. High days....not in 1st grade. Dallin said everyone passes folded notes...its the cool thing to do. I think nothing of it....after all, its just a little note with a bird on it holding a flag. Dallin doesn't like girls anyway....he is oblivious to those things right?
Last night before Dallin went to bed he INSISTED on writing a letter back to Annalee. Here were the 3 letters I saw on the table this morning:
1: A letter asking Annalee to be his valentine: (with a HEART on it.....gulp)
2. A kind of a word puzzle or word game with Annalee's name all over it. Now, if you know Dallin, you will understand the magnitude of making some sort of puzzle out of a girl's name. Yikes....he must like this girl a lot.
Crap.
10 comments:
You said it best when you said "GULP"! I do not envy you. Logan and Jay are not there yet, but I was when I was Dals age. Why does it have to start so young?
I can't believe that!!!!!! Baby Dali Doodle? So glad you are documenting this for later years.
That makes me laugh so hard. I was picking up Makayla from K and she was chasing a boy- and thought her we go the long road of liking boys! She acts all silly when you ask about it. I think he should give her the Valentine one, which did he decide?
He did give her the valentine one..she accepted. When I asked him what that meant he had this perplexed look on his face. He was like, "Hmmmmm, I don't really know!" haha
Stac, I told you there's something going on with the first graders this year! They're all lookin' for love!
Ohhh!! Sooo funny! I always assumed that having girls would be worse (as far as that area goes), but maybe boys are just as trying as girls :) Good luck. I'm sure we'll be there too eventually...
so cute. I totally liked and chased boys in 1st grade!
:) This makes me giggle.
lol! oh man I am so not ready for that!
Umm, yea, nothing like the brutal truth staring you in the face.
My Parker made a valentine for me in art class and then crossed out my name and wrote "Kiss me, I'm hot." on it! I have no clue who it is intended for. I am hoping it is just an attempt to ruffle my feathers.
Mission accomplished.
Post a Comment