Monday, December 14, 2009

Not all it's cracked up to be

I've decided to go ahead and keep my boys. Yeah, I like 'em again. They have been very good today which has made up for the disaster that was yesterday. Plus, they make me laugh WAY too much.

Case and point: This weekend we took the kids to POJO's Fun Center. Dallin and Parker cashed in their 40 Starnes bucks and wanted to ride the BUMPER CARS! The boys have been talking about it for weeks now...plotting how they were going to run into each other and how GRAND it was going to be.


Here is Parker......looking excited and a tad bit nervous right before the ride started:


Here he is 5 seconds later when they turned the ride on:










Wait for it...............











Wait for it......................................






TADA!


I must be an unfit mother. Instead of running in to rescue him immediately I took his picture and tried to conceal my unrestrained laughter.

The whole ride had to be turned off so he could exit. He opted to ride the carousel instead.

10 comments:

Marie said...

Thank you, that was hilarious!!!

Jami said...

lol, that is a classic!!!!

Em and Tom said...

I love that pic! I had to show it to the whole family. We all agree you had to take the picture first, and think Parks will agree... eventually!

Jill said...

First, I must say Mike and I loved the sweater party! We got such a good laugh out of that. Awesome idea!! I am glad you decided to keep your boys, they are darn cute! You got a great shot of Parker crying. Poor kid, working so hard to get there and then hating every second of it!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Thanks for the laugh. That face is classic!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Just so you know we plan on coming tomorrow.

Lee Starnes said...

Way too funny!

Unknown said...

I would have snapped that pic too, no judgment from me! Those boys are lucky to have a mom that still has a sense of humor :)

janet said...

totally awesome! It is sad that US mothers laugh hard instead of comforting... but sometimes you just can't help it.

seriously hilarious. so glad he enjoyed the carousel ride :)

Reno 411 said...

That is pricelss. I love the commentary leading up to it. So funny!