Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hanging out at the fire station....

This week we went to the fire station two different times.

The first time was for preschool. We talked about fire safety on Monday and then went to see the trucks and take a tour of the station on Wednesday. The kids LOVED seeing all of the trucks so close up. We had 4 firemen give us the tour. (We were feeling pretty special about that!) The nice firemen gave the kids fire hats, bracelets and stickers! The kids were loving life..well, MINE were anyway!

On Saturday we went to "Kids Giving to Kids" again. It too was at the fire station! The boys picked out some toys that we donated to Toys for Tots. After giving their toys and books they each painted an ornament and then went over to the firetruck where Santa was waiting to hear what the kids wanted for Christmas.

I can't believe how BIG my Dallin looks on Santa's knee. I will say this though....it was the very first year we didn't have ANY tears! Parker seemed a little nervous when Santa asked if he had been good this year. His response was....."Well....I've been pretty good. I'm just trying to be better." :)

My kids only asked for 1 toy each. I was pretty excited about that except for the fact that they asked for something completely different from what they put on their lists AND their letters to Santa a few weeks back. I told them Santa was getting old and so he would probably just go with what we wrote on our letters because its easier for him to remember when things are written down. hehe.

5 comments:

Marie said...

What fun. I love how seriously Parker takes this naughty/nice thing. Hey, if you guys do more preschool field trip type outings and don't mind extra tag alongs, let me know. Thanks!

Natalie said...

Good one..Santa is getting old. Parker is so true to himself, what a cute guy. I can't believe how big Dallin looks either.

Ash and Shane said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Em and Tom said...

Jay asked Santa for stuff, but he wouldn't tell me what he said!!!!
Nice right? Your kids are so cute. I was watching the news and made Tom rewind it cause I swore I saw Dallin featured in a kid shot. It wasn't Spalding, so not him, but it really looked like him!

Jen said...

You are so creative to come up with quick stuff like Santa getting old. Nice job!