Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween week!

I know I tend to blog about things no one should really care about other than me.....but this is the ONLY journal that I keep and I wanted to make sure I recorded the fun things we have been doing. Sometimes I think I should just make my whole entire blog private.... just for ME and my family alone. I love having a place to write down what we are doing and I never want to come across as "look how amazing I am" or "check out how adorable my kids are" Has anyone else ever felt that way? I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do about that........
ANYWAY.......

We've pretty much been celebrating Halloween all week long! Monday and Wednesday I taught preschool. I was so happy to teach the week leading up to Halloween. We learned about pumpkins/jack o lanterns and had a candy corn day. These little kids are so stinkin cute. We made jack-o-lantern windsocks and Halloween frames and played Halloween Bingo.
Unfortunately Boise experienced some 50 mile an hour wind the day we made our windsocks so most of them were either destroyed or blew away. :(
Wednesday evening was our YW Halloween Party. We played a couple of games and we filled 2 big "Boo Baskets" to give to some older ladies in the ward. The girls brought all sorts of fun things for the baskets. We had pumpkins, gourds, apples, canned peaches, candies, Halloween decorations and more. My favorite part of the night was when the girls went to the front doors of these ladies and handed the goodies over. One lady made the girls sing a song...it was so sweet. Makes me tear up thinking about it. I love these girls. This is the hardest yet most rewarding calling I have ever had. They are amazing and I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with them.
I saw this idea online and HAD to do it. Since Halloween is so SWEETS crazed I decided to make a veggie tray. It is kind of hard to see but the little jack o lantern is puking up ranch dressing. Too funny! It has been a very BUSY week.....and its not even Halloween yet!!! Halloween costumes to come soon.......

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That's funny you wrote you were thinking of doing a blog just for you and your family. I had the exact same thought this morning. Maybe we are sisters?? What cute Halloween stuff you did. I love those ideas. Where were those ideas when I was teaching school?

Anonymous said...

I say go PRIVATE! Just my $0.02. But you already knew that! :)
Nathan

Jason and Jen said...

I love the way you write your blog...you better not go private. You never come across as braggy...you have LOTS of great ideas and you should share them with others! I love the puking pumpkin and I MISS yw's! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Jami said...

i love reading your blog. i think i am about ready to start up eith mine..especially once joel is gone.
so, dont go privet because you dont make life look perfect, you make it look real and that is what makes it so fun to read :)

Marie said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog! But I know what you mean... I only give the many details of our lives because I want to remember it and share it with the few who really care, like my mom. I figure if people don't want to read it, they won't. But if someone else finds it helpful or entertaining--great. And now you know that MANY of us find yours both helpful and entertaining, so keep it up!