Thursday, April 9, 2009

Don't MESS with mother bear!

In this life I am a woman. In the next life, I'd like to come back as a bear.
When you are a bear, you get to hibernate.
You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.
When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute and cuddly cubs. I could definately deal with that.
If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean buisness. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.YUP! Gonna be a bear.
Today....mama bear emerged.
I let the boys head over to the park while I spent some of the afternoon weeding and cleaning up the front yard.
A couple of neighbor kids were over there as well. Within a few minutes Dallin comes running home just hysterical because one of the boys said that Landon was an ugly little boy. Dallin is very sensitive and protective of his brothers. I calmed him down and told him that what he heard was just silly and not true. Of course inside I was a little offended...come on, seriously...kids don't get much cuter then my little Landon. (In my HUMBLE opinion)
I told Dallin to go back to the park and ask the kids to please be nice and not call other people names. I watched my very determined Dallin march back to the park ready to deal with the situation. I watched as Dallin recited all of the things I told him when all of a sudden one of the kids SHOVES Dallin to the ground and yells "You are ugly and your ears stick out!" right in his face. Dallin starts sobbing again.
THAT WAS IT! Nerve definitely struck.
The garden gloves were taken off and slammed onto the ground. I came trucking over there...blood boiling. Literally, I was shaking. "DO NOT.....I repeat.....DO NOT TOUCH my children or call them names. If you CAN'T be nice at the park then you better get your butt home....NOW...And I WILL be having some words with your mother."
Both kids left.

So.....yeah. I got all up in some 6 year old faces today...and I don't feel bad about it one bit. Grrr!

15 comments:

jayna said...

Oh man- I always wonder when this will happen. Because in the world of park kid bullies, it's an eventuality, isn't it?!

I think you handled it well!

Bearly well.

Jason and Jen said...

Oh my gosh! That is so mean! Good for you, you did handle it well! By the way, I love your idea of being a bear...you're so funny!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, definatly a bear.. .infact I think I am already one :) I would have done the same thing with those boys. Do you know their momma?

Marie said...

Go mama bear! That would be infuriating! If I had the guts I would've marched that kid home and talked to his mom in front of him... but I'm not sure I could've done it without shaking and crying.

Where do kids learn to be so mean?

Emilee & Paul said...

I LOVE that story . . . well, not what happened, but you know what I mean. Very nicely narrated I might add! :) "Gardening gloves were off!"

Anonymous said...

You are great, let's just leave it at that.

Sarah

tatum said...

seriously, that makes me so mad too. i am glad you stuck up for your kids, i need to do it more, if they don't know mom is on their side, then who is, right? some mothers need to monitor their bully children a little more......dummies!

tatum said...

btw, your kids are as cute as can be anyway.

Katie said...

It can be sooooo painful being a mother. You know your kids are going to get their feelings hurt and you want to protect them but you can't! Poor Dallin!

Andrea said...

I agree I could definitely be a bear too. And yes you are right your kids are dang cute, especially little Landon. I am proud of you for yelling at those kids, they deserved it!!!

Busy Lady said...

Good for you!! I would have done the same thing! Your kids are so cute, I don't know what that crazy kid was talking about. Go get 'em Staci!!

Joe and Amy said...

One of the most important parts of being a mom is being your child's advocate....in so many areas and with so many different people. You are a great one, way to go!

Stephanie said...

Good job mom!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

LOL That rocks! I would have loved to see their faces. You go Mama Bear!

Shelley said...

I love your stories like this! They make me laugh! :) Your kids are stinkin' adorable and don't let any NASTY 6 year old get to you! Wish I could have been at the park that day to observe mama bear! :) ha.