Sunday, April 19, 2009

This and that

I've been in a bit of a blog funk for the past few days. It just doesn't seem like there has been anything "worthy" enough for a post. It was a pretty low key week...we've spent the majority of our time outside enjoying SPRING in all it's glory!

Nate was able to travel up to good old Spokane for a hearing. It was fun to have him call me and tell me that he just "drove by the hospital where Parker was born" or he "drove by our old apartment." It is so crazy to think that Law School was 3 years ago...time is just flying by. I made him promise me that next time he goes up there that he has to take me with him. It would be so much fun to take a little walk down memory lane.

Dallin only has 3 more days until he is off track again. I have really enjoyed year round school this year. It is fun to have 3 full weeks to spend with him at random times during the year. I love having him around...and Parker is thrilled. They do butt heads a lot but they always prefer to be together. Today we had stake conference and when we told Dallin we only had to go to the sacrament meeting part of church he was very excited. (We opted not to tell him it was for 2 full hours) After about an hour and a half he looks over at me (body slumped over) and says, "Mom...I really don't think I can take much more of this....it is going on and ON forever."

Parker is just Parker. He is the coolest 4 year old ever. He got a new bike this week and has insisted on riding it ALL DAY. He wanted to ride his bike to preschool so I had to drive next to him over to his school. He has become quite the little skateboarder over the last couple of months. He is always wanting me to watch his "shuv-it" and "ollie" tricks. We went over to the park last night and all of these 10-13 year old boys saw Parker and they were like, "Hey Parker...whats up man...wanna come skate with us?" I could overhear them saying that Parker was a "sick little skater." We were driving somewhere the other day and Parker was looking out the window. He suddenly chimes in with a "I could totally rail that picnic table." The kid is 4...is this REALLY starting already??
Landon is almost 2! My baby isn't a baby anymore. He started sleeping in a big boy bed about a month ago. He has also started saying ALL sorts of things. He is quite the little parrot. I always thought that Parker would be the child that tried my patience but Landon seems to be getting worse and worse. He poured 2 full boxes of cereal all over the downstairs of my house last week. Thank heavens for vaccuums and for those baby door handle things. We have them everywhere now. I also couldn't find my toothbrush the other day...then I finally found it in the sandbox! Lovely.
Good thing he is so cute....
Alright....time for bed.

3 comments:

Lee Starnes said...

We had stake conference yesterday and I am with Dallin. It was a great meeting but 2 hours on a bench is a long time. Kids are darling as always. Hope Landon will be ok when he comes to stay with us.

Natalie said...

I LOVE those three boys! I am excited to spend lots of time with them this summer!

Stephanie said...

This is totally blog worthy, I honestly can say that these posts are the most fun to read! I like reading 'Real' stuff!