I have somehow been able to avoid this type of situation for a full 6.5 years. But today.......it finally happened.I took Parker to McDonald's for some pancakes. We call this our "secret" date. We don't tell Daddy and we don't tell Dallin about it. It is our special one on one time.
As I order the pancakes Parker says to the (rather large) woman ringing us up......"Wow.....you are a very BIG FAT lady."
One word......AWKWARD.
7 comments:
That is totally funny. My kids have done that too. I agree. . .Very awkward! Kids are kids though. I am glad it was you and not me :)
How embarassing! I had a kid tell me that when I was pregnant with Kyle and I laughed but that was because I was only temporarily "fat", it wouldn't have been so funny if that was my permanent situation. Well he's honest I guess that is good, but how awkward for you!
You gotta love his honesty! That is awesome. Hard for you, but a great story in years to come.
Oh ouch! I wonder what he'll say to me next time he sees me! ;) How did you wiggle yourself of the situation? Can't wait to hear the rest of the story! ;)
He is in good company Makayla says akward things about people all the time. We have discussed that people come in all shapes and sizes. I hope one day she will understand but Hey kids are kids and I am sure it is not the first time it has happened to the lady!
We've ALL been there, but my son would say that all the large ladies had babies in their tummy's. "Look Mom, that lady has a baby in her tummy too..." Even though it was quite obvious it wasn't the case... You are right, awkward!!!
Don't you love those moments!
Mine was when I was pregnant with Aaron. We were eating at a small deli, only two tables occupied, us a two other women. When the two ladies got up, Abby noticed that one was very well (ahem)endowed and said to me, "look mommy, she has two babies in her tummy!"
Post a Comment