Thursday, January 1, 2009

RInging in the new year with a BANG, some BARF, and a FLAT!

Happy New Year! We definately had a memorable New Year's Eve. Things started out great. We met up with some friends over at a sushi resturant downtown. Nate is a huge sushi lover but I on the other hand have never really cared for it all that much. It's the whole seaweed taste that I'm not crazy about. I decided to play it safe and get the tempura prawns and veggies. I did eat one roll and I did try the little fish eggs that are sprinkled on the top.....gag. After dinner we headed over my my parent's house for the annual "Rock around the block" New Years experience. Every year we run around the block when the clock strikes 12 banging pots and pans screaming as my brother blares a siren from his car. It sounds obnoxious and dumb but it is so much fun and a lot of neighbors come out of their homes and cheer us on.

We were excited becuase Uncle James is now back from the mission and would be joining the family in this tradition that HE started years ago. While we were busy playing games and waiting for my brothers to return from snowboarding we recieved a call that they had a flat tire up at the ski resort. They put the spare on and continued down the mountain. About an hour later they called again to tell us that the spare time had gone flat as well. Dad and Robby jumped in the car to go and rescue them.

Meanwhile, Nate and I were having a great time rocking out to Guitar Hero World Tour when suddenly both of us felt sick to our stomachs. It literally hit both of us at the exact same time. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. After being pregnant 3 times throwing up isn't really a big deal to me anymore. Nathan fell onto the couch and fell asleep. (His cure-all) We're thinking it was my stupid prawns that made us sick since we later found out everybody else was just fine and that was the only thing that no one else tried.

Dad, James and everyone made it home about 30 seconds after midnight so they went ahead and ran around the block. Nate slept through the whole thing, I was too tired and sick, and the boys were all crying and upset about one thing or another. They were all exhausted since they usually go to bed by 7:00.
Needless to say, this wasn't the greatest start to a New Year but we're still hoping for the best! Happy 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staci, sorry to hear about your bad sushi experience! I loved hearing about your "Rock around the clock" family tradition; that's great! I saw your sister and nephew today; boy is he cute! I read your blog often! Talk to you soon!

Reno 411 said...

Sounds like a fun new year. Sorry to hear about Sushi, I am not a fan of it myself.

I totally know the girl in that picture with you. She is in the middle I think I went ot high school with her but she was my brothers age. Maybe not, maybe she just looks familiar.

Your family tradition totally Rocks! Pun intended.

The Reading Armadillo said...

I'm sorry to hear you guys got sick. That really does put a damper on celebrations.