Team CF (Nate's biking team) had their first race of the year today. It took place over at Boise Towne Square. It was a fund raising race for St. Alphonsus. When he first told me the race was in the mall I was picturing all of these crazy bike riders whizzing past Macy's and Gymboree trying to avoid all of the Saturday shoppers.I was definitely wrong though...everyone had their bike's set up in trainers. Fans were blowing and the music was pumping. It was quite the event. The goal was to ride as fast and as far as possible in ONE hour's time.
Nate rode over 25 miles in 1 hour and ended up getting 2nd place in his heat for the individual award. (His good buddy Jared who is an incredible rider took first.) The entire Team CF took first place and all of the guys received some gift cards to a local bike store. All of us wives and kids had a great time cheering on our guys!
SHOPPING at the mall+ a HAPPY and FIT HUSBAND=a GREAT Saturday! 

5 comments:
That is so cool for Nate and Jared and for Team CF! When Missy told me it was at the mall I thought the same thing you did! It looks like fun though.
Great Job Nate! He got good fast didn't he? Sounds like a fun Saturday for you both.
Oh yeah, I still have that box of granola bars in my car so please remind me the next time I see you if I forget.
I have never even heard of such a thing. Sounds sweet. Good job Nate!
Congratulations Nate. You are really a rider. Can't wait to see you on the road.
way to go nate.....i would love to bike that much in an hour.
Post a Comment