There are a few places in the world where I feel totally and completely OUT of my element. For example....if you were to ask me to walk on into the "Hot Topic" store in the mall or ask me to go out to "Hooter's" for lunch...I would probably feel just a bit uncomfortable.
Another store where I feel this way would have to be Cabela's. It is a hard thing to admit coming from the girl who was raised in good old Idaho. Why do I feel this way? Well lets see:
Reason #1:I have never even HELD a gun
Reason #2: I tried fishing once and my pole was dragged into the lake on my very first cast
Reason #3: Camping for me can only consist of one maybe two nights tops and I have to have an airbed, a fan going, and the car HAS to be parked right outside of the tent in case I get too cold
Reason #4: I accidentally killed my brother's hamster (his name was MC Hamster) when I was little and after that traumatizing experience I vowed never to harm another animal as long as I lived
Even though I feel this way about Cabela's I decided to take the boys over there to see the fish and the animals. They absolutely LOVED it! And guess what?? I did find something that I was very interested in...the homemade fudge in the back of the store! YUMM!
4 comments:
that's funny, mc hamster, i hate guns myself, i alwasy get worried if i let my kids have pretend guns they will grow up to be serial killers. cute picture of the boys!
You are so funny. Cabela's is not my favorite place either. Regarding guns, Logan and I aren't into killing animals or hunting, but we like to target shoot. If you aren't against it, you should try it with us. It's actually pretty fun. And Logan is REALLY safe when it comes to guns. So you could trust him to teach you correctly.
My kids love Cabela's. I think its fine, not fun like pottery barn. Hannah asks if we can go there like its as exciting as the zoo. We love to look at the "stuffed animals" and fish tanks.
Sometimes a mom of three boys has gotta do what BOYS love!! The picture of Landon is SO cute!
Post a Comment