Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007

I keep putting off blogging because I left my camera at my parent's house and I want to put some pictures up! As soon as I get it back I will definitely get them up. Christmas was AMAZING this year. We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve with Nat and Robby, Jas, and Mom and Dad. We started off with an amazing dinner with everything imaginable. Turkey and ham and Swedish meatballs, BBQ meatballs, and crab cakes...and those were just the meat choices! We had all the fixings to go along with it and cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for dessert! (Bring on the calories!) The highlight of the evening was being able to talk to Elder Rock. He sounded so great! You can tell he is 100% lost in the work he is doing. After talking with James we proceeded with the annual Rock Family Christmas Program. Its a miracle I know...but Staci Lynn Starnes actually SANG in the Christmas program. I couldn't look at Nate because I knew I would burst out laughing. I did sing WITH Nat, Robby and Jason...but hey...this is big for me!
We ended the evening with the candle tradition. When Nat and I were little we started this tradition where everyone sits in a circle and we dim the lights. One person holds the candle and proceeds to talk about the previous year and the things they are grateful for...then they pass it to the next person. It kind of turns into a testimony meeting of sorts but it is such a great way to really feel the spirit of the season.
We left my parents at about 11:00 and little did we know how LATE we were going to be up getting all the toys ready for the next morning. I finally crashed at about 1:30 but Nate was up until 3:30 putting the bikes and scooters together!
Christmas morning was so incredible. The boys came into our room at 7:00 and asked if Santa had come. I was shocked that they didn't just go down and look for themselves but I was glad because I was able to catch their initial reactions as they came downstairs. They were so SPOILED this year. They would run from one toy to the next and then to the next. Landon pretty much tried to eat bows and wrapping paper the whole time. Dallin is so funny.He had this huge plethora of toys including remote control cars, moon sand, huge dinosaurs and other things and what was the one thing he was the MOST excited about?? A fractions book that I got him from the dollar store.
Nate spoiled me as usual. We always make an agreement not to go overboard on each other and to focus on the kids. I try to stick to that plan but Nate always disobeys and makes me feel so stupid.
I have been SO busy the last couple of days trying to get back on top of everything here at the home front. It is amazing how quickly the laundry and dishes pile up when you kind of ignore them for a few days! Thank you to everyone who helped make this Christmas so special for us. We loved recieving so many Christmas cards and we appriecate you taking the time to remember us during this Holiday Season.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
janet said...

The post is great even without pictures. I totally hear you about getting your kids big presents, yet they are most excited about the little $1 gifts. Why do we go all out? And I love that Nate spoils you, however it is frustrating when you say not to buy and they cheat. It usually makes me mad.... but it's sweet of them! So glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Stephanie said...

It sounds like it was a magical christmas for your family! It's amazing how long a small "put it together" project can take :) We only had the kitchen and it still took us over an hour! I too think it's great that Nate spoiled you- I think it's just his way of showing how much you are appreciated- I see it every time I look at your blog you do so much for your family--You really are amazing. (Scott does the same thing to me, but since his birthday is in January I get to get him back...)

Starnes fam said...

Thats awesome Stephanie! I wish Nate's birthday was in January sometimes! I'm already coming up with a plan for his birthday this summer though...he is turning the BIG 3-0 after all!

Reno 411 said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas. I am so glad. The hoildays are something you always want to have a good memory of. I think it's awesome that Nate spoiled you. Paul did me as well. We always say we won't go over a certain amount and for some reason the rules don't apply to him. Paul got some big gifts this year and they kind of need to double as birthday too.(It's the 27th of January)