Monday, November 5, 2007

Buckle Up!

Today I decided I'd better get my Christmas shopping done for my brother who is serving his mission down in Mexico. You never know how long it's going to take for a package to arrive and I want to make sure it gets there on time! My mom and I planned on meeting over at Seagull Book at about 2:30. As I am driving down Eagle I turn around and see that BOTH Dallin and Parker are not in their seat belts. Eagle Road is busy and fast and there was nowhere to pull over. I asked nicely about 5 times and after continually being ignored, I desperately decide to use a scare tactic. "If you boys don't get in your seat belts a policeman could take mommy away for a VERY long time because YOU BOTH are disobeying the law!" They continue to ignore me until we pull into the parking lot. Right as we pull in a COP just so happens to pull into the parking spot beside us! He is headed over to the motorcycle store right next to Seagull. The boys both start crying hysterically and they both put their seat belts on IMMEDIATELY. Perfect timing.

5 comments:

Jami said...

man, you are so lucky. although so far the thought of me having to go to jail and no one here to take care them since daddy is gone seems to be working out, lol.

Reno 411 said...

The scare tactic always works! You are so lucky he didn't see and ticket you.

Stephanie said...

I would have been terrified that I was getting a ticket, not that the kids were finally listening!

janet said...

I do that to my kids all the time and they are seriously afraid of cops. Lately, I am having to explain that they only take really bad people to jail.. but the seatbelt thing always seems to be an "ordeal"

your family pictures are SO gorgeous! Everyone looks great.

Joe and Amy said...

That's too funny! I have a similar story...thanks for reminding me...i don't think I've recorded it yet, so I'll have to get it down.

Oh, and thanks for the info about the background.