It has often been stated that Parker is the trial in my life. At 2 1/2 he thinks he can do everything his big brother can do. When people ask him how old he is he always says he is 5 just like Dallin. He loves to push my buttons and will do things deliberately just to get me all riled up. For instance, my visiting teachers came over the other day and I told the boys to stay upstairs and watch Sesame Street while the nice ladies came to visit me. I told them to stay on my bed and not to get into my bathroom. Halfway through the lesson, Parker comes downstairs naked...covered in toothpaste from head to toe. He is very sneaky and smart. I wouldn't let him play outside in the front yard today so while I am busy guarding the front door he goes out into the garage, opens the car, pushes the garage door opener and proceeds to head on over to the park. He runs off at grocery stores and especially the mall. If I say I am leaving without him he just stays put....he couldn't care less. Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Despite getting a lot of his mom's stubbornness, I sure love him a lot. He can be VERY sweet and loving. As I put him to bed tonight I said, "You better get to sleep so you can keep growing big and strong!" His reply was, "I don't want to grow up big and strong. I want to stay little so I can stay with you forever." When kids say things like that....it is VERY easy to forget all of the trying events from the day.
Ironically I found this cute poem over at my mom's house today. It is about 2 1/2 year olds.
Hold him a little longer
Rock him a little more
Tell him another story
(You've already told him four)
Let him sleep on your shoulder
Rejoice in his happy smile
He is only two and a half
For such a little while
-Author Unknown
So true!
3 comments:
Thanks Staci, I needed this!
Kudos to this!!!
His cuteness factor has to make up for most of his mischief!
Post a Comment