Thursday, November 20, 2014
Tyguy's First Birthday!!
Happy first birthday my bitty Tyguy baby boy! I am SO overcome with emotion as I think about this past year and all of the JOY and HAPPINESS that you have brought to our family! You have the sweetest disposition and you smile at everyone. I adore that about you. People come up to me all the time and tell me what a darling boy you are. A lot of people think you are a girl (because you are so darn cute!)
Your birthday was very low key. Just your family, a cute cake, and a fun toy (that I bought used online). It is a blow up looking pool thing filled with balls. I couldn't bring myself to spend $60 on it but when I saw it at an online garage sale for $15 I was all over it!
We went over to a friends house to play earlier in the day. Most of the moms there had one or two kids....this mama was feeling really old after I left. It is funny to sit back and listen to new moms stress about the tiniest little things. I didn't say anything out loud but it made me realize how lucky you are little guy. This mama feels so much more confident about being a mom and I have just ENJOYED you this year....as much as I possibly could. I let things go, hold you as often as I can and I savor each second. You are my baby....my last little baby and I have not taken it for granted at all! I thought about how you are 1 and you still aren't walking. All of my other babies were walking by now but I am not worried in the least. Now, if I was a new mom....I'd be freaking out. Nope, you're just taking your time....you'll get there soon enough.
You mushed your cake up worse than any of your siblings. You ate a little but not much. You loved playing with your sissy in the balls all day long. It was a perfect day little man. I was so excited for you and just a bit sad at the same time. It was the FASTEST year of my life. I am so grateful that you are here. I needed you and I didn't even know it. I had no idea I could be so crazy over someone. (Except for your siblings of course!)
I love you to bits. I think I'll go grab you and smooch those cheekies for awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment