Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sun Valley

This past weekend was so amazing. Nate had his annual Conference in Sun Valley and I wanted to go so badly. I asked everyone I could possibly think of in my life who might be able to come and watch my kids and no one could....or wanted to I should say.

I decided that it just wasn't going to work this year and figured I'd just get some things done around the house while Nate went without me. Then, like an angel sent from heaven my friend Jessi offered to help me out. I honestly cried when she told me that she would LOVE to watch my kids and that she would be THRILLED and EXCITED to have the OPPORTUNITY to do so. Seriously, who says that!??

Alone time with my husband hasn't happened in 3 whole years. We've make things work dragging  a baby with us and leaving the boys but being ALONE....nope, its been awhile.  I hurried and got ready to go. Nails done, eyebrows done, new dress, jewelry, and more.

The whole weekend was marvelous. Fancy meals, great company, beautiful surroundings and some time to just focus on being a WIFE and not a MOM for a few days. Adult conversation and a time to reflect on how blessed we have been over this last year. It was so scary last year trying to decide if Nate should start his own law firm. It was 100% the right decision. It was the best thing to ever happen to us. And when I ran into Nate's former employer from Boise.....I let him know that. And I let him know that I forgave him for the hell he put me and my family through. It was a great moment. Seriously.....it was awesome.















I love that we had this special time together but I also love that both us us were so antsy to get back to our kiddos. I'm so thankful to Jessi for helping us out. A cherished few days and a much needed recharge for sure.

1 comment:

jayna said...

Husband Only getaways are the best!! Glad you got to enjoy such a beautiful spot too! Love the pics!