I wasn't sure if we'd make it up to Yellowstone this year. With one week left until school started EE called, reservations were make and we jumped in the car and made it happen! We decided to end the "Summer of SUCK" on a high note. Both she and I are are DONE with this summer. ☺
We only saw a few animals this year....some elk, one bison, squirrels, and a couple of muskrats. We didn't hike a TON this time because my feet are getting tired from hauling this pregnant belly and this 20 pound baby girl around. We did stop at some new places this year which was really fun. We drove some new loops and saw some cool new places.
Of course we stopped at Old Faithful. Miss Anna was the pre-show entertainment. Everyone was watching her walk all over the place. Some Asian people were even taking pictures of her. I loved how Anna could care less about Old Faithful erupting. Everyone stopped and whipped their cameras out...Ooooing and Ahhing the entire time. And Anna kept all of her focus on rocks and dirt. So cute.
The boys would say their favorite part of the trip was staying at a hotel with a water slide. Oh yes, and they had the whole place to themselves. They swam for 3 hours straight!
My favorite part of the trip was stopping at Big Springs on the way home. We found the most beautiful hike in the world. Seriously. It was so peaceful and serene. EE and I LOVED it. It was gorgeous.
I think Anna liked it too!
It was a great last trip to welcome Fall. I know I will miss being with the boys all day long but I know they are ready to head back to school. Even though it has been a hard summer for me, we've still been able to make some special memories. Grateful for the chance we had to head up to one of my favorite places on earth. Grateful for my EE.
1 comment:
Good thing you got in while the gettin was good :) No government shutdown to hold you back!
Post a Comment