Monday, August 19, 2013

The house: the cliff notes version

-Spend 8 months building a house and watching each and every step. Pick colors, floors, cabinets.....etc.
-Builder says it will be ready to go on June 1
-House isn't done until mid July
-Nate starts new job in July
-New job throws off our loan. Have to re-start loan process.
-Builder gets impatient and threatens to sell our house
-We offer to pay the interest on the home in order for us to finish our loan processing
-Builder agrees and then turns around and sells the house anyway (in ONE day). Person offers $25,000 more then what we were going to pay.
-Nate puts lien on house and sues the builder. (Thank HEAVEN above I am married to an attorney) We want our earnest money back and the money we have put into upgrades.
-Our loan comes through
-Builder agrees to pay us SOME but not ALL of our earnest money and all of our money in upgrades.


We decide to walk away from our house.


SO.....what does this mean for us now? WHO the heck KNOWS?


This has been the summer of ups and downs for this girl. I was so attached to my house and I have had to learn to let go. After all, it is just a house. I've been so emotionally drained and even physically drained throughout this whole ordeal. Being pregnant has not helped this situation one bit. I was so excited. I could envision it all in my mind. Holidays there, preparing a nursery for our new little guy, decorating my house, evenings out on the deck watching the sun set......all of that was taken away. And there was NOTHING I could do to prevent it from happening.

Once again, Nate and I find ourselves in a position where the CHOICE has been out of our hands. We seem to encounter this over and over again in our lives. We have taken a lot of solace in knowing that we are being led somewhere else. For whatever reason things just didn't pan out. This entire experience has been so difficult and should NEVER have been this complicated.

Alas, it was. So here we go. Trying to figure out what our next step is supposed to be.


4 comments:

Marie said...

I am speechless. I am so sorry! I was so excited for you too. But I guess the consolation is that the Lord has something better suited for you. I hope it comes sooner than later. :) You have such a good attitude. Thanks for being an inspiration.

jayna said...

I have never heard of such house craziness!!! I'm sorry! But I think you guys have a great perspective... Things have a way of working out how they are supposed to, just not always the way we want them to! Best wishes moving forward!

Sarah M said...

Oh wow Stac! What a roller coaster for you guys (with not a fun ending). I'm so sorry for what you guys have had to loose. To be so close to your dream and then have it taken away is truly heart breaking. I really hope that down the road your family will be able to look back at this experience and be grateful for what you've been forced to learn, and hopefully be grateful for how life turned out instead. Way to stay positive, and good luck to you on your next journey :)

Unknown said...

What the???? I am just now reading this because of our own crazed moving experience :/

Praying for peace and a plan for you guys. Love you, wish the best to your beautiful family. Obviously this was not in the cards, wish the big guy would tell us more of the big picture sometimes!!! (Maybe we don't want to know?) LOVE YOU.