This weekend was absolutely and positively PERFECT. Nate had an IADC (Idaho Association Defense Counsel) Conference in McCall. Spouses are invited and hey.....the firm pays for everything! Free trip away with my husband with NO children......YES please!
While Nate has his CLE classes I did some book shopping, wandered through some art stores, read my book on a comfy lounge chair overlooking the lake, ordered room service and I took a nice long nap.
ABSOLUTE. HEAVEN.
When Nate and I had time together we cruised around the lake on these sweet red beach cruisers, ate out at some fun resturants, rented a kayak for an afternoon, and stayed up until LATE every night watching football and then going out to the hot tub to stargaze. I absolutely LOVE having my husband all to myself. I'm downright selfish and I cherish my alone time with him.
View from our room:
My cute attorney:
Shore Lodge:
We had to go to a few fancy dinners and lunches but it was fun to get all dressed up. A live band performed one night and I TRIED to get my Nate to dance but ALAS.....not this year. Maybe next? ☺
It was also so much fun getting to know a couple of the other attorneys who work with Nate. Seriously, he works for such a a great firm with some very high caliber people. They are so genuine and kind. I'm liking these eastern Idaho people more and more...and their wives were JUST as nice!
2 years ago we went to this same conference and had a very DIFFERENT experience to say the least. Once again, it is very obvious to me that he is where is supposed to be. We're SO blessed.
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for SPOILING our boys rotten while we were away! Even though they missed "Grandparents day" at school becuase they had to go over to Boise with us, I think they liked the "Grandparents Weekend" they had a whole lot more!



3 comments:
Seriously how gorgeous are you! Yes, Nathan, you are too! We look up to you and how much in love you guys still are after 10+ years of marriage!
Looks absolutely perfect! Once this baby boy gets off the boob I want a trip!
you look beautiful Stac!!!!!
Post a Comment