Monday, August 16, 2010

Day trip.

Saturday we went on a mini trip. Where did we go? Drumroll please..............POCATELLO. Ahhhh yeah!  What? Doesn't really sound like a fun trip? Well, you are wrong!
Did I ever in a million years think that I would LOOK FORWARD to going to Pocatello? No way!

Why did we go there? Well, for 3 very good reasons.

1 reason: COSTCO. Oh how I miss Costco! It used to be about 12 minutes from my house.  I miss the samples, the hot dogs, the smells, the books, the cheaper gas! Sam's club is just not quite the same.
#2 reason is because we found one of our FAVORITE sandwich places:
Every single Scholtzsky's we have ever lived by has closed. The one in Spokane, the Boise store, the one by Grandma's house in Utah, and the one in Idaho Falls. We were thrilled to find out that this store hasn't closed. (Yet anyway!)

Reason 3: We wanted to check out the Pokey Zoo. What a fun little zoo. We had a really great time. Our favorite animals would have to be the Grizzly Bear and the 3 legged fox. He was so stinkin cute!
What a fun day spent together!

5 comments:

Em and Tom said...

Looks like it was a good day. I love that pic of the fox. So cute!

Jason and Jen said...

Looks like they added a few stray animals! Glad you guys had fun!

Ash and Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash and Shane said...

I was looking up places to eat downtown for Fri & google said that there was a Scholtzsky's around the corner from Temple Square. I was so excited. I haven't eaten there in a long time well I checked their website & what do I find out.... It's gone. google lied. it got my hopes up and then shattered them. there is one in Sandy so I guess I will have to go there some other time. so I am still looking for places to eat!
I'm glad you guys had a fun day trip! See you soon!

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

You have a wonderful life and a darling family and now you know why we love Pokey.