Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back to back to back trips!

We've been gone 10 days yet it feels like its been a whole month! We have been busy busy cramming in the last of our summer fun since Dallin starts 1st grade this week. Boo Hoo...but that's another story which is sure to continue later this week.

We started off by heading over to Rexburg to see Nate's sister Kelsey and her hubby Logan. Uncle Logan took us over to his job site and let the boys drive REAL tractors. Parker's dreams have literally come true! They moved huge rocks and piles of dirt and even busted up some concrete.
Even the biggest Starnes boy was in on the tractor action! After playing in the dirt with the "big boy toys" I mean....tractors....we played with some adorable little farm kittens. SOOOO cute! (Even though I am SOOOO allergic!)
Later that evening we headed over to Idaho Falls to cheer Nate on in the Allan Butler Twilight Criterium.
Nate had an absolutely AWESOME race! He ended up with a very close 2nd place finish! We were all screaming and cheering like a bunch of nuts! I'm not gonna lie....I'm pretty proud of that man of mine. It is incredible how far he has come over the last year and a half.
After that, Nate headed back home and so the boys and I met up with Grandma EE and we cruised on over to Yellowstone for a couple of days. Yellowstone really is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. We did lots of walking and the kids were troopers about it. We saw buffalo, lots of elk, deer, squirrels and a yellow bellied pot gut. They boys loved filling out their ranger packets and recording the animals that we saw.
Our favorite parts were the geysers, (Old Faithful of course) the paint pots, and the waterfalls. The boys weren't too fond of the sulphur smells though!

Yellowstone is one of EE's most favorite places in the world. I know it was HER dad's (my Great Grandpa Carlson's) favorite place to go and so I was glad that she could share her memories and stories of Yellowstone with my kids. We had some stressful moments which is bound to happen with 3 boys in tow but overall it was a fun trip and I am glad that we made the time to go.

After Yellowstone it was time to head to Utah for the Whitaker Family Reunion.......that post to come later..............

No comments: