Friday, May 15, 2009

You know it's a BAD day when.......

You look down and your hand and see that your diamond from your wedding ring is G-O-N-E.

I've had that constant aching feeling in my stomach all day long. I keep trying to tell myself that really it's just a THING but it is so hard for me to look past all of the sentimental value associated with it. I feel horrible...especially becuase just 2 weeks ago Nate told me to go and get the prongs checked out.

Good thing our marriage is eternal.....cause obviously my ring wasn't. Today sucks...I am going to bed.


13 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

Stac, That is horrible! I hope you find it...

Unknown said...

AgGGGHHH!!!! That is SO sad! I am praying one of those little boys will find it, maybe all their curiosity will finally pay off!?!?! I am so sorry my friend.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That is so crazy, just yesterday I was looking at my ring and thinking how horrible it would be if my diamond fell out. I am sorry it really did happen to you. My mom lost hers once and found it again in the carpet. Just don't vacuum for awhile. I hope you find it soon.

becky gomez said...

Stacy, I'm so sorry! That makes my stomach hurt for you!!! I can't imagine that. I'm sorry that is aweful!

Sarah M said...

How awful Staci! I am so sorry. Make sure the boys pray to help you find it--little kids prayers always seemed to get answered so much more quickly :) Good luck, and again that stinks.

Erin said...

oh staci!!! good luck with the search!

Lyndsie said...

oh staci that really is a bad day! i'm sorry! that makes me think that i need to listen to chad though & go get the thing appraised and insured. seriously...you never know. :(

The Reading Armadillo said...

Oh man, that REALLY stinks! I'm so sorry that happened.

Marie said...

UG! That totally sucks! Hang in there, girl!

tatum said...

oh man i can't believe it.....i would go straight to bed too, what a huge bummer. but your right, you still have the man, so the ring doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things, but i know how that really really stinks. i would be so sad. sorry!

Busy Lady said...

I am so sorry to hear about this! The same thing happened to me because my prongs were worn away. I was lucky enough that I saw it on the comforter next to me and got the jeweler to put it back on.

Now Nate has a good excuse to get you a big rock to replace it right? It is heart breaking to lose something so precious though...

Allison said...

This happened to my sister about a month ago. She was so depressed until her husband found it stuck in the arm of the couch the next day. Hope your ending is just as happy!

Lee Starnes said...

I am so sad for you. I hope that in years to come it will have a happy ending. Like a bigger stone? Or finding it! I know it won't replace the real one but life sucks sometimes.
Sorry!