Thursday, May 7, 2009

A close call


This afternoon the boys and I were running a few errands. We were cruising down the road blasting the Kids Bop song "Life is a Highway" that we got from our latest visit to McDonalds. We had the windows down singing at the top of our lungs. Out of the corner of my eye I see him. A motorcycle cop...pointing his gun right at me.

Crap. His lights start to flash as he pulls out.

I am very proud of the fact that my last speeding ticket was all the way back in high school. I always boast to my dear spouse that I am a much more attentive and better overall driver then he is. (He really is a good driver...I just love to give him a hard time!)

All of a sudden I feel sick to my stomach. I start crying as I pull off on a side road. I had no idea how fast I was going....everything feels fast when the windows are down.

The boys start crying because I am crying. Landon doesn't know what the heck is going on.

I look in my rear view mirror and watch as the cop cruises right past me and nabs the truck that was right in front of me.

I start laughing...the boys are still crying.

We turn "Life is a Highway" back on and we start rocking on right where we left off.

Sweet...I am still ticket free.

4 comments:

Jason and Jen said...

You are so hilarious! I'm glad he didn't pull you over. Hey, and thanks so much for dinner last night. You didn't need to do that, but I wanted to let you know I really appreciated it!

Natalie said...

Haha! I am actually really laughing over here. Good one!

Jill said...

Love this story! I am picturing you in your hot pink sweatsuit rocking out to life is a highway. I doubt you were wearing that, but it makes the story even more fun!!!

Erin said...

i'm glad someone else cries everytime a cop pulls them over. And how sweet that your boys cried because their mommy was sad!